Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I second the fact that the pictures you take are absolutely remarkable! We knew it was a good suit, but WOW! you sure know how to make it look as good on film as it is in person :)

Here's another rarity: a PURPLE double-breasted suit, circa 1940. The fabric is a soft, drapey, blankety wool: feels like a cashmere blend. Condition is perfect.

I had to fiddle a bit with Photoshop to get the picture to show the suit in its authentic color: a blueberry purple.

IMG_0841_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0844_edited-4.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0845_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0827_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0832_edited-1.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Daniel: Ok, I'll bite. Where in Pasadina, please? ;)

VP: That purple number is one snazzy suit. Wouldn't happen to be a 48R would it and they marked it 42 by mistake?;)

Cheers!

Dan

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Purple!

Man that's nice.

In Pearl Harbor, the man that comes running to deliver the news to FDR that PH has been attacked is wearing a suit like that (well, pants). I've wanted that number even more than the A-2's I see there.

Wild Root

Gone Home
By looking at the label, Id's say it was American ;). Only know of one New York! Also, looking at the cut and the style and drape shouts made right here in the good ol' USA!

WR.

Wild Root

Gone Home
BellyTank said:
Yeh- a European one would have been more elegant, understated- without the nipple covers...

B
T

Every style has its perks, one's not more elegant then the other, they're great for different reasons I believe. Remember that most American clothes were made by immigrants from Europe! And, Hollywood did get lots of inspiration from Europe as well.

WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth