Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
Every style has its perks, one's not more elegant then the other, they're great for different reasons I believe. Remember that most American clothes were made by immigrants from Europe! And, Hollywood did get lots of inspiration from Europe as well.

WR.

Oh yeh! some are more elegant than the others for sure- but I was just pullin yer left one 'Root. Just responding. Personally, I'm not a fan of the 3rd Button...
on a DB. I prefer better spacing of the fuctional ones and the omission of the outboard fakes.

B
T

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah, the four button style I say looks good if the coat has patch pockets. If no patch pockets, the two non working buttons look nice I think. But, that's just me. I do have a German Double breasted that his really high cut! It's a six button job and looks totally tough! Has a nice 23" hem on the trousers and I'm tellin' yah, it's a looker!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
So, you want to see the German suit eh? Well, ok, here goes nothing.

This is an old photo of me and my friend Celeste on the QM.

queenmarycopy4ca.jpg

I'll take a few more photos of it soon so you can see more detail.;)

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok, here are some more.

I'm alone tonight so, I couldn't take any photos of it on but, here are some photos of the coat and pants to give you the color and style rundown.

The lighting is poor and I don't have a cool dummy to hang it on like Marc does but, here it is any way.

1171792img9ij.jpg

NOTE: look at the waist of the coat, it's pinched in to give it a real hour glass cut when on! See how the stripes come together in that area!
1171794img3dd.jpg

The buckles on the side are blue steel! Also note the tunnel belt loops!
1171795img2nk.jpg

1171799img7ur.jpg

1171800img2zr.jpg

These were taken in poor light and some are a bit fuzzy. I took these in haste so I could post them quick. I'll take some later when I have this on and when I have the time and light to do so.;)

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
I'll have to take some photos of it on out side in the day time to really see the true colors! It's a very dark navy with the red and silver stripe.

Glad you liked it!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks! Coming from you and Marc that means a lot! I had a strong feeling that it was German! I love that suit and it's about 98% mint! They don't come in this size every day!

=WR=

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
I'm alone tonight so, I couldn't take any photos of it on but, here are some photos of the coat and pants to give you the color and style rundown.

The lighting is poor and I don't have a cool dummy to hang it on like Marc does but, here it is any way.

These were taken in poor light and some are a bit fuzzy. I took these in haste so I could post them quick. I'll take some later when I have this on and when I have the time and light to do so.;)

=WR=

It's easy to take self portraits...but then who here listens to me...

Wild Root

Gone Home
Quigley Brown said:
It's easy to take self portraits...but then who here listens to me...

Portraits yes, but I wanted a full length shot of the suit. Wasn't going to happen at 10:00 at night. I do know of a perfect place out side where I can prop the camera just so to take a full shot but, like I said... 10:00pm isn't the best time for out side shots.;)

BT:

Nice suit brother! I love the stripe pattern on that! Do you have the pants to that or is it just the coat you own? Ether way, it's lovely.

=WR=

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
Finally got the alterations to the pants completed...pics of just the pants off in the High-Waisted Pants thread.

<---- Where could Superman be?

<---- "And WHY don't we feed chili to the dog anymore?"

<---- 'soft focus' to show relative colorings of suit...okay, I blew the focus.

<---- Great pic of suit, bad pic of face. Bleah...who IS this clown?

Odd question...the original size tag is still in one of the pockets...it says it's a 42 (chest) but a 36 waist. This jacket basically fits me UNALTERED. But the pants that came with it - no kidding - were a 40 long by 40 waist! (Now, I'm more like a 34/34 (waist/length) or 35/35 So we took in quite a bit, although not as much length as width.) So, how did I get a jacket with a waist slimmer than the pants that came with it - and are clearly a matched set?

I'm assuming the pants were NEVER worn, or this was a SECOND pair of pants for this suit. I've seen it before, I don't know how common it was at the time...maybe the original pants were shot, and the suit was stored w/ the second pair of pants that were never hemmed or taken in, hence the enormous waist compared to the jacket. I THINK.

Does that sound likely?

One last one with a Harpo Marx face, just in case I looked like I was taking myself too seriously...

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I am looking at this on my PDA, but from what I can see it is a great looking suit. Please bring it to the Queen Mary. I would love to see it in person.

BTW Jerry, you are really fitting in here with your new look and I think your new user name is very cool.

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
Why, thank you sir!:cool: ...I'll try not to get any drool on everybody's shoes when I see the REALLY nice vintage stuff on the QM.:p

And this suit IS coming...my wife and I spent the last six weeks looking for something to wear just for Sir Winston's Friday night. So the socks will still be modern... :p ...but I think what you see there on your PDA is my Friday night ensemble. :D (Saturday will be Indy black tie. ;))

Just wait till you see the dress we scored for my wife...not spilling this one, I can wait one more week...HOLLY, NO TELLING! ;)

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth