Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Tinseltown said:
Hah, maybe I should.
No, they're actually from a Target/Walmart kind of place in my country.

Ooh, let me guess, Bilka? Or T??j & Sko? They're cute, I might pick up a pair as well.

Pidgeon Toe, the Florida scarf is exquisite! I love all kinds of vintage souvenir-tourist-y stuff but I never know how to wear souvenir scarves, so I haven't bought them when I've seen them. Wearing one over the hair on the beach is perfect though. Now I want a Venice one ... and Costa del Sol if I can find one. Spanish pig party, here I come ... :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks so much ladies! I'm psyched to get the 2 piece blue outfit. I've been wanting a knit dress like this one for a while, I just couldn't pass it up.

Rockapin, there actually is a ballroom in the Boston area. Sadly, people no longer dress up when they go. I could dress in a vintage cocktail dress, that would probably be over dressed for the crowd that goes there, so I definitely couldn't wear one of my gowns. I used to go to a lot of black tie fundraisers. They are a good excuse to get dressed up, and can be a good place for a single gal to meet a single guy. I'll have to look into which ones are coming up.

I just won 2 more auctions. One if for a very cute light turquoise suit. The seller says it's 40's but I think it could be early 50's. But then again, I'm not good with dating things from that particular era. I'm very happy to have a lightweight summer suit. The skirt seems to be full as opposed to straight, which can be much more comfortable on the hot and humid days that are typical of Boston summers. The picture of the floral dress doesn't do it justice. I know, it looks like a potato sack!:D But with a proper cleaning and steaming, the right belt and the right accessories it will hopefully look better.
I can't believe the deals I got on both of these items. I usually don't talk price, but I really thought these would go for a lot more. They didn't have reserves or high starting prices so that helped. I got the suit for $21 and the dress for $34! Yahoo! I know a lot of you gals get a lot of good deals, but I never seem to find them. So, in comparison to some of the other things I've bought, these two were really good deals.
8a36_1.JPG

8d6b_1.JPG

143018.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I just won 2 more auctions. One if for a very cute light turquoise suit. The seller says it's 40's but I think it could be early 50's. But then again, I'm not good with dating things from that particular era. I'm very happy to have a lightweight summer suit. The skirt seems to be full as opposed to straight, which can be much more comfortable on the hot and humid days that are typical of Boston summers.
8a36_1.JPG

8d6b_1.JPG
Daisy, I saw that suit and considered it for a while! But the full skirt and hip emphasis, while one of my favorite looks, isn't the best thing for my own hips. I tend to look a great deal wider than in 1940s pleats or 1930s slim cuts. It ain't pretty! I'm glad someone got it who will appreciate it!

Kimberly

Practically Family
I just got this off the bay. It has slight fading issues on one of the shoulders but for the price I still wanted to get it). It's is my first late 30's early 40's item and I am excited. Even if I can't really wear it, I can just gawk at it. lol

1930sblackdress.jpg

Vintage Betty

My intro into the $10 club

Daisy-

I have almost a modern matching suit to the one you just purchased! Very very similar.

Here's my into into the $10 club - each bag of buttons was just .25 cents each. :p

Vintage Betty

buttons.JPG

Daisy Buchanan

Yes Pina, do spill the beans! Where did you get those great black shoes?? Please, Please, do tell:eek:

Ladies all your buys are wonderful!! Amelie, every gal needs a red dress, this one is so very pretty. Modern or vintage, doesn't matter when the dress is as darling as that one:)
Kimberly, congrats on your first 30's dress! How exciting:D Maybe once you get it the fading won't be as bad as expected, so you will be able to wear it. Do you know what the material is? I can't tell if it is rayon or velvet. I wouldn't know how to dye velvet, but rayon shouldn't be too difficult to dye, and since it is black you might not have the color matching problems. You could just re-dye the entire dress. Let us know what it looks like and how it fits once you get it...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I agree with Daisy, everyone needs a red dress. Bah with the little black dress, expand a bit, lol!
Love your latest purchases Daisy!

OH Shearer, that porcupine shirt is TOOOO cute! I think I woulda fought you for it, ha!

Lots of great buys girls.. buttons too!
Nikki

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I picked up these cute, comfy wedges for $5 the other day at the thrift store:

clothes009.jpg

I also got 2 vintage shirts (one to paint in, as it already had paint on it), for a $1 each, as well as a vintage dress for $1! There were loads of other vintage items too that I could've sold, but I'm trying to keep Ebay craziness to the minimum.

I found my new favorite thrift store!

Daisy Buchanan

ohairas said:
I agree with Daisy, everyone needs a red dress. Bah with the little black dress, expand a bit, lol!
Love your latest purchases Daisy!

OH Shearer, that porcupine shirt is TOOOO cute! I think I woulda fought you for it, ha!

Lots of great buys girls.. buttons too!
Nikki

Thank you Nikki!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82