Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

olive bleu

One Too Many
i can't even look anymore.

I have not bought anything for so long...i have put on some weight from some medication i was on, and nothing fits! I am off the meds now, and starting to lose, but it will be a while before i can get back into the clothes i love.:(

I am trying to console myself by looking at shoes & hats...:cry:

But that's ok...you just go ahead. flaunting your pretty dresses...don't worry about me;)

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Oh Shearer you got a Timeless Vixen dress. I bet you paid an arm and a leg!

Hee, yeah, I knew everyone would recognize that model, even though I cut off her head :p I actually bought two of her dresses today for the same price as I was willing to pay for the one I really wanted weeks ago, so I guess it worked out in the end.

But now I'm on a strict eBay diet... bad, Kiki! [bad]

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pink Dahlia said:
Oh you suck it up and walk in them! ;)

Those shoes are great!

Darn it Pink Dahlia, you're my kind of gal!!!!!!lol If you lived close to me, I think our "attitudes" would mesh quite well! And besides, you're lovely 20's outfit that you posted earlier was inspired by Daisy Buchanan herself!

Ladies, you are all getting such incredible outfits. I love them all. After my major shopping spree a few weeks ago I promised myself I would stop buying for a while. But, this weekend there is a huge vintage clothing expo here in Boston so I won't be able to hold off any longer. But, I'm supposed to go with the owner of a well known vintage shoppe, Bobby, so I might be able to get some good deals through him. Keep your fingers crossed.

Daisy Buchanan

olive bleu said:
i can't even look anymore.

I have not bought anything for so long...i have put on some weight from some medication i was on, and nothing fits! I am off the meds now, and starting to lose, but it will be a while before i can get back into the clothes i love.:(

I am trying to console myself by looking at shoes & hats...:cry:

But that's ok...you just go ahead. flaunting your pretty dresses...don't worry about me;)

Olive, I totally know what you're going through. I got sick and had to go on really high doses of steroids (prednisone). I went on it because I had to gain weight, and I ended up gaining more than twice the amount the doctors wanted me to!:eek: It's been miserable, and I can't just go off of them, for their are bad consequences if I do that. So I can only go down 3 mg a week, and I was on 85mg! So, I'll probably be on it for another 6 months:(
Anyway, I totally know how you're feeling. It's not fun. I used to joke with my friends that the one thing about having my large intestine removed was that it was really hard to gain weight. Golly, was I wrong. Intestine or not, now I know why athletes take steroids. Not only did they bulk me up, but they made me feel like a super hero!
I hope you feel better soon:)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
Darn it Pink Dahlia, you're my kind of gal!!!!!!lol If you lived close to me, I think our "attitudes" would mesh quite well! And besides, you're lovely 20's outfit that you posted earlier was inspired by Daisy Buchanan herself!

Ha ha ha! Thank Daisy! I love this board!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Dear Ladies Who Have Bought Beautiful Dresses,
You stink.
Love,
Kim

ROFL!! Ditto that, except from ME, ha! Wow, what finds girls!

Trixie I LOVE those shoes! Well, if ya can't walk in em, at least get some portraits taken in them and then sell them!

Nikki

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I'm totally thrilled about a new pattern I won!
1de5_1.JPG

It looks like this outfit from Revamp:
932312-b.jpg
suspskrt-06-06.jpg

I'm so thrilled! I have a dance recital that I have to perform in on April 29th, and this is the perfect outfit for my routine! And the fact that I can make it... even better!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Cherry I think your pattern is even better, WTG! I love the waist line and how the straps are attached.
Have fun at your recital! Show pics!
Nikki

maisie

Practically Family
Shearer said:
Finally! I got crushed in a last second bidding war on a dress from the same seller, but finally got the cocktail gown I've been looking for (and another dress, so eBay is off limits for a while :eek: )

1176498162879_DSC_0019_edited.jpg

That is one gorgeous dress! :D
I always love everything that seller puts on, i wonder where she still finds all this great stuff, shame the price always go so high!

BegintheBeguine

Trixie said:
The shoes I have to resell though since I nearly killed myself trying to walk in them. 4 1/2 inch heels are apparently too much for me!

greenshoes2.jpg
The shoes are not meant to be walked in, Dahling. They are to be worn while you are reclining on the chaise longe. The man fetches you your drink and then things proceed from there. ;) I love these shoes.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
Olive, I totally know what you're going through. I got sick and had to go on really high doses of steroids (prednisone). I went on it because I had to gain weight, and I ended up gaining more than twice the amount the doctors wanted me to!:eek: It's been miserable, and I can't just go off of them, for their are bad consequences if I do that. So I can only go down 3 mg a week, and I was on 85mg! So, I'll probably be on it for another 6 months:(
Anyway, I totally know how you're feeling. It's not fun. I used to joke with my friends that the one thing about having my large intestine removed was that it was really hard to gain weight. Golly, was I wrong. Intestine or not, now I know why athletes take steroids. Not only did they bulk me up, but they made me feel like a super hero!
I hope you feel better soon:)

Oh my gosh the same thing happened to me! I was on steroids when I got really sick in 2004. I couldn't understand why I was always eating so much! Anyway I lost my Skinny Minnie figure and put on weight (or more curves if you'd like). I haven't been able to shake it since then. About a year ago (maybe more) I got rid of all my old skinny clothes (except for a shirt Mom got me in the Philippines). I think I've embraced this weight change. I just buy clothes that fit now. :) Plus my boyfriend doesn't think I'm fat at all and he would never tell me I need to loose weight (unlike an ex I had).

maisie

Practically Family
A recent purchases, this dress reminds me of the Fred A. Block suits, it is so stunning in person, and it was only $25!!

820f_121.jpg
8b1b_121.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

Pink Dahlia said:
Oh my gosh the same thing happened to me! I was on steroids when I got really sick in 2004. I couldn't understand why I was always eating so much! Anyway I lost my Skinny Minnie figure and put on weight (or more curves if you'd like). I haven't been able to shake it since then. About a year ago (maybe more) I got rid of all my old skinny clothes (except for a shirt Mom got me in the Philippines). I think I've embraced this weight change. I just buy clothes that fit now. :) Plus my boyfriend doesn't think I'm fat at all and he would never tell me I need to loose weight (unlike an ex I had).

I'm sorry you had to go on steroids too. But, you do look great!
I'm embracing my new curves too. But still holding onto some of my smaller items. I pulled out some vintage dresses that I just can't give up. I measured the waists just to see the damage all of those cookies did. One of my favorite dresses has a 24 inch waist:eek: And I used to think that dress made me look fat!! I never realized what a warped self image I had until I actually gained weight. I don't think I actually want to be that small again. But, I am only 5 feet tall, so I could stand to loose a few. I have stopped eating cookies, so that's a step in the right direction:D

Maisie, that dress is amazing!! I love the color and the studs and the style of it. It might just be the perfect vintage dress. It seems that dresses from the era that this dress is from are often in darker colors. So, you've got yourself a gem, and I'm sure it will look lovely on you:) Nice get, and I can't believe the price!!! A dress like that on the bay would have sold for 5 times that, at the least! Well done:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88