Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
To be honest I didn't think I'd win this either. I'm doing pretty well on eBay lately. Makes up for that horrible last week I had. :)

dsc03535.jpg

Close up of the embroidery detail.
dsc03538.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Ohoho, Dahlia, I'm going to have to be bitter about that dress. I wanted it SO badly and was hoping it would stay at $20 or under. Enjoy it, it's beautiful.

Kim_B

Practically Family
Here's a question for you gals...

...do any of you ever buy the "80's-does-40's/50's" dresses that pop up on the Bay from time to time? Some are really cute looking and could pass for the real deal, but I'm just never quite sure if that's like a Vintage Shopping Cardinal Sin??? :rolleyes:

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
The Greco-Roman style dress I posted a few pages back is an 80s dress. I have found some really beautiful 80s dresses and some really ugly ones so I guess it depends on personal preference.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Kim, if I could ever find any of them I totally would! Though I really do prefer actual vintage to repro or anything like that, because I wear all my vintage it's nice to have a few pieces that can handle a little more wear and tear!

To me, wearing an 80's does 40's dress is the same exact thing as modern vintage-inspired!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I changed my mind and bought a mid-50's - early 60's bikini yesterday! I'll have to post some pictures soon. It was from a great vintage store in the Bay Area and was very reasonably priced, only $39! It's too cute and perfect for hanging at the beach in.

Kimberly

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
Kim, if I could ever find any of them I totally would! Though I really do prefer actual vintage to repro or anything like that, because I wear all my vintage it's nice to have a few pieces that can handle a little more wear and tear!

To me, wearing an 80's does 40's dress is the same exact thing as modern vintage-inspired!

Ditto! If it looks good on you and is vintage inspired than buy it. That's what I do anyhow.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
I guess I shouldn't tell you how much I paid then. Sorry ladies. :(

Don't worry though I'll take good care of it. :)

Ack! 20.50!! Of course, if I had bid, you would have bid, and someone else would have bid .... lol

Its quite alright. The budget is tight. Between the tax man and saving for other very important things ... there just isn't much money. The dress I posted earlier from the 60's will be my first piece of vintage. Someday! :)

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Wow! What a great bunch of clothing! And some for such great prices!
Shoo Shoo Baby seems to be wearing a dress I had my heart set on winning in her avatar lol !!

Here are two things I've "won" recently. The shoes I have to resell though since I nearly killed myself trying to walk in them. 4 1/2 inch heels are apparently too much for me!

twotone.jpg

greenshoes2.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Trixie, OH MY GOSH! I've died and gone to heaven! That dress is perfect, and the shoes! :eek: What a great color, and the style is PERFECT! The heel does look kind of scary though, but for me at least, I'd have more concern about the extremely high arch. But they are GORGEOUS! :eusa_clap

Shearer

Practically Family
Finally! I got crushed in a last second bidding war on a dress from the same seller, but finally got the cocktail gown I've been looking for (and another dress, so eBay is off limits for a while :eek: )

1176498162879_DSC_0019_edited.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth