Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Daisy, thank you for the compliment! :eek:

I don't think I ever had a 24 inch waist. And lucky for me I've only been wearing vintage for about a year. :D

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
You ladies are a bad influence on me, seeing all your pretty treasures makes me want to shop!:eek:

I just succumbed to the shopping bug and got this one:D

dress1.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh Canadadoll, that dress is lovely! I want one:( I'm so lacking pretty lightweight summery dresses. When it's hot and humid out, the last thing I want to do is walk around bound by a tight girdle in a dress of a fabric that doesn't breathe. I love cotton summer dresses, yet haven't had much luck finding any ones I really like this season. Have fun with your new dress, it's lovely.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Daisy there are a bunch of nice lightweight ones floating around ebay right now, and quite the variety of sizes available too!:D

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
haven't bought myself much in way of clothes, but i'm admiring everything you all have gotten!

canada doll, i really like the neckline on that dress!

maisie and shearer, great dresses!

trixie, i would kill myself in those shoes too! they look like something only barbie or jessica rabbit could wear!

and daisy, i am totally understanding you on the body image thing. while i never had a 24-inch waist, i look at my vintage dresses and skirts with 27-28-inch waists and i can't believe how heavy i perceived myself to be at the time! they seem so tiny now. i really wish i would have spent more time enjoying it and less time fretting over how i looked.

Kimberly

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
Oh Canadadoll, that dress is lovely! I want one:( I'm so lacking pretty lightweight summery dresses. When it's hot and humid out, the last thing I want to do is walk around bound by a tight girdle in a dress of a fabric that doesn't breathe. I love cotton summer dresses, yet haven't had much luck finding any ones I really like this season. Have fun with your new dress, it's lovely.

I hear you. I have found a few at thrifts (one I adore), and there isn't much on eBay right now so it's rather depressing.

Canadadoll, that dress is wonderful!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CanadaDoll said:
Daisy there are a bunch of nice lightweight ones floating around ebay right now, and quite the variety of sizes available too!:D
Thanks CD. The one you got looks vintage, but I don't mind getting modern dresses either. I have to buy a whole new summer wardrobe since my size 2 dresses no longer fit. I don't want to spend bundles of money on each one, so I looked at places like Delia's but their sizing is quite wonky. I'll check ebay, in both the vintage and modern section, and hopefully come up with a few pretties.

Shoo Shoo, I totally know what you mean. I just said the other day to Hemingway (my roommate) that I can't believe I even complained about how I looked back then. Granted, I was sick as sick can be and didn't eat for a couple of years. The way I see it, I'd rather be healthy and chunky then sick and in the hospital every other week, but skinny! Besides, Crohn's patients without large intestines don't keep weight on for too long. I'm actually lucky to have this extra weight on for the next time I get sick and can't eat I might not get as sick because I have extra calorie's to burn. I am trying to look at the bright side. I just would like to lose a few before the summer time comes.

Kim_B

Practically Family
I have given up on Delia's for anything besides shoes...their clothes are just way too small! The shirt I'm wearing in my avatar is from Delia's and I can hardly button the top 5 buttons or the sleeves! :eusa_doh: When I wear it, I have to wear a black tank top under it and roll the cuffs once so it doesn't look funky.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
i scored today!
i got 4 pre 1959 patterns for 2 dollars!!!!!

also, I got this at my FAVORTIE vancouver vintage shop, she has a bunch of great dresses in my size.. :)
The man in my life bought me this:
IMG_4358.jpg

the picture does not do it justice :(

Kimberly

Practically Family
exquisitebones said:
i scored today!
i got 4 pre 1959 patterns for 2 dollars!!!!!

also, I got this at my FAVORTIE vancouver vintage shop, she has a bunch of great dresses in my size.. :)
The man in my life bought me this:
IMG_4358.jpg

the picture does not do it justice :(

I can picture how cute that dress will look like on. It will be really nice on during the summer. Is it cotton?

epr25

Practically Family
maisie said:
That is one gorgeous dress! :D
I always love everything that seller puts on, i wonder where she still finds all this great stuff, shame the price always go so high!

I know I always look at this sellers stuff. Have been for months. I really can not imagine how she has such an endless amount of amazing vintae stuff. And her prices are always crazy high. I dontl understand. She does take good pictures. I guess that might have something to do with it?

Kimberly

Practically Family
Doh, let me give you ladies a little tip. Don't ever bid on stuff on eBay while under the influence of Tylenol PM. I was looking at day dresses and there was one that I bid on that I thought had the measurements of the dress I looked at previously that the price was too high for my liking. To my horror I realized it's a size medium to large and I am now the highest bidder. lol

Well, it has a belt so if I win I guess I can just belt it up a little tighter than normal. :eek: lol

Must get some sleep. I also bid on something else that is my size and I am hoping I win it. eBay can be very dangerous indeed. :whistling

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
What clothing size would be a size 44 inch bust. Does anyone know.

I've seen lately that it varies from maker to maker. I can tell you that my mom is a 45 bust and says she wears size 14/16 (persoanally I think she squeezes in....shhhh, dont tell her I said that...lol) I'm a 49 bust and wear 20s.

I did a quick little search and found that 40 was a 14. Don't know if this helped you or not.

Kimberly

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
I've seen lately that it varies from maker to maker. I can tell you that my mom is a 45 bust and says she wears size 14/16 (persoanally I think she squeezes in....shhhh, dont tell her I said that...lol) I'm a 49 bust and wear 20s.

I did a quick little search and found that 40 was a 14. Don't know if this helped you or not.

Thanks it helps out a lot. I am still winning the item. :eek: The seller says it fits a medium to large and it has a 44 inch bust. She says it fits a medium to large so maybe it will be ok on. If not, I am going to have to alter it if I win it. :p

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I didn't buy this dress recently. I bought it last year. However, I thought you should see. I know you'd appreciate it. Pay no attention to my dog who is wondering what the hay I'm doing!

l_b0f6c801fa89a0bd60170ea58641b6d9.jpg

(No make up. Really?)

I've only worn this once. But not because I don't love it. I do love it. When I got the dress (the seller failed to mention this) the dots were grossly yellowed. Now I can't have a dress with yellowed dots! I went to work. I had fabric paint in my cupboard from a recent project. I repainted each dot by hand but only on the front side. I do plan on finishing it. I'll probably have time over the summer. It's not a summer dress anyway. It's far past wearing the dress now.

Anyway, that's my story. I thought you should see. :)

P.S. - That's my pin curled short hair. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88