Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Lil' Miss A

Familiar Face
Great job with the sponge rollers.

They are the ones i use :)

For less frizz, i always put the setting lotion on to each section of hair individually and comb it through with a wet comb, seems to make it much smoother :)

A lot of it will be a case of practice...well done :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
Pinky, that looks great! I can't wait to see it done in rolls! (I always think about adding streaks because I love the way it looks in reverse rolls.)

Love the contrast, Pink. It'll look great in curls or rolls!

258664028_l.jpg

Miss Retro

Familiar Face
Kitty yours is gorgeous to! I'm having mine colored tomorrow. I'll post a pic when it's done, i'm having thin black streaks put in the bangs (it's got red in already) I wish i could style it like you ladies though but i got some foam curlers today so i'm going to give it a try.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Not a good hair day today!

I tried out johanna's set last night. I couldn't manage the loop curls (how the hell do you do those?!) so I used small rollers instead for the top. The top and sides curled way more than the underneath so I had to pin it up underneath at the back. I also had a few stray straight bits round the back. This is how it looked this morning:

Hair220108.jpg

I know, you're thinking 'not bad...' but here is the other side view:

DSC_8533.jpg

And here is how it looked by the end of the day!!! Haha! Not my best work...

Hair220108B.jpg

certainlyred

New in Town
Thanks everyone for your help. My second attempt today was definitely better. I did a dry set and used Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Creme. Has anyone else tried this? It's really reduced my frizz-factor, plus it seems to be keeping my curl in nicely (with the aid of some wax spray).

IMG_1736.jpg

Kitty, I love the way your hair looks in rolls! It seems the two tones are made to be worn that way.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
MissHannah said:
Hello Fleur and thank you - the curls were a big fuzzy mess within 10 minutes of stepping outside my door sadly! I use Live Colour XXL dye which is by Schwarzkopf. I use a shade called Red Passion (I think). They do several really great reds and I don't bleach beforehand - my hair is mid brown, not very light at all, but their reds are really bright.

Oooh, just noticed you repliede, sorry for the lateness of mine!

Thanks for the info - I always look at that colour, but haven't tried it, I might give it a whirl!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I just cut my hair...

Before and After. Mind you, the before is a professional shoot with great lighting and the after is in my bathroom with crap poo lighting.

IMG_4632c-1.jpg
me005b.jpg

Sunland Sare

New in Town
not my tidiest work, but this is the hair style for today (please ignore my messy bedroom!! its normally pristine... honest....)
hairfedora002ou7.jpg
hairfedora003el1.jpg
hairfedora004ez8.jpg

and my hair is like this in is natural state:

hairfedora008wa7.jpg

and my mister demanded i show a picture of his hair, i think he looks a little like ewan mcgregor, non?
hairfedora005yl8.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lolita- I like both photos. I think you look lovely in the 2nd one. I love the center part and the curls.
Sunland Sare- Great photos. You remind me of a famous actress who's name I can't recall.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
So much beautiful hair!

Wow Ladies! You've all been busy!

Lolita: I LOVE your new cut!! You have the most beautiful hair, and the change in length looks fabulous! I'm sure the drying time has been cut in half, yes?

Lotus: Yippee for HotSticks! They gave you some lovely curls!

Sunland: I like the sweep at the bottom! And what kind of clip/pin are you using? Is it pearls? It's pretty! I love hair jewelry!

Miss Hannah:, I can't get over your gorgeous red hair! And the curls were really cute! I can't figure how they fall so much. And with a wet set too! That's usually the solidifier!

Pink: Oh my, that beautiful streak is going to look even hotter with that fabulous Rogue costume you plan to wear. I can't wait to see pics of the full ensemble! (and may I say.. those boots... drooling over here!;) )

KittyT: I love your rolls! And like the others have said, the blonde and black combo is the best! And you wear it well! I particularly love your bangs!It looks like the black is under cut some?

CertainlyRed: Great job with the curls! Looking good!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
~*Red*~ said:
particularly love your bangs!It looks like the black is under cut some?

Yes, they were when that photo was taken a few years ago. They're not anymore. It didn't lend itself well to curling :-/

Sunland Sare

New in Town
~*Red*~ said:
Sunland: I like the sweep at the bottom! And what kind of clip/pin are you using? Is it pearls? It's pretty! I love hair jewelry!

thanks hun!

yep, you're spot on, pearls and austrian crystal hair combs

i'm with you on hair jewellery, especially on dark hair, they look ace!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1