Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Johanna

One of the Regulars
My hair today.

2209681970_534e1c42c5_o.jpg

2209678132_3fe20e220e_o.jpg

It's getting long again so I'm trying out a bunch of different hairstyles before cutting it again.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Just lovely, Johanna!

Johanna, I don't think you ever have a "bad hair day"! I love your long-hair look too! Love the outfit and I really like your table, chair and accessories. Is that in your home? Outstanding! :eusa_clap

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Josephine said:
I'm sitting here in a combination of those pillow rollers that are twist tie and the loop pin curls Johanna does, waiting for them to dry. Unfortunately it will be the same style I posted when I got my hair cut. :/

I have a hard time with the back of my head, by the time I get there my arms are tired and I make the curls too big and they don't dry all the way and fall out. :p I'm sleeping in them this time, we'll see what happens! Maybe I'll get a good enough pic to make an avatar out of . :D

I can't wait to see, please post :)

leaette

A-List Customer
johanna, really pretty. you look like my best friend in college with that look.
i have a 50's pink kitchen and i would DIE to have your table. sooo jealous.

lyburnum

Practically Family
leaette said:
Lyburnum: your skin is so pretty. like a doll's.

:eek:fftopic:
For one reason or another, your comment reminds me of when some (very much low class, drunk) men made fun of me once while I was getting off the train
'F'ing hell, she looks like she belongs in a wendy house'

I've always wanted porcelain skin though - so thanks :D

certainlyred

New in Town
new hair!

I gave a serious try to vintage hair for the first time today--foam curlers, set with a diagram I found on a vintage hair website. Man, I didn't realize how long it takes hair to dry in rollers! No wonder most ladies sleep in them.

IMG_1722.jpg

Before...

IMG_1726.jpg

...and after.

I'm pretty pleased, but I'm afraid it's quite frizzy. What can I do next time to make it better? Incidentally, this is my first post. Hello!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
You look great for your first try! My first attempt didn't look near that lovely!
As for the frizzies, did you use setting lotion? Also, you can brush the hair with a nice soft bristle brush and that might help.

Is that a Latin phrase on the wall? I took a couple of years of it eons ago in high school, but sadly, not a whole lot stuck in my head! :rolleyes:

Oh, and welcome to the Lounge!

certainlyred

New in Town
BonnieJean said:
You look great for your first try! My first attempt didn't look near that lovely!

Gosh, thank you! I didn't have setting lotion, but maybe if I put some kind of holding product in my hair before I roll it, the frizz might die down some.

BonnieJean said:
Is that a Latin phrase on the wall?

Yes! My roommates and I held the quintessential "toga party" last semester, so that is a leftover poster saying "food is life". Haha, isn't that silly? I have one above my desk that says "Carpe Diem"...a great reminder for each and every day, I think.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
certainlyred said:
I gave a serious try to vintage hair for the first time today--foam curlers, set with a diagram I found on a vintage hair website. Man, I didn't realize how long it takes hair to dry in rollers! No wonder most ladies sleep in them.

The trick to beating this is to do a dry set. If I wet set my hair and sleep in it, it will still be soaking wet in the morning, especially with sponge rollers, with will retain some of the moisture.

I'm pretty pleased, but I'm afraid it's quite frizzy. What can I do next time to make it better? Incidentally, this is my first post. Hello!

As mentioned, setting lotion will help remedy this. In addition to this, you can add a shine pomade for extra shine and frizz prevention.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
certainlyred said:

IMG_1722.jpg

Before...

IMG_1726.jpg

...and after.

Hello! You did a great job--you really look lovely. :) I'd get all frizzy with sponge rollers & then I discovered leave-in conditioner. I just about soak my hair with it & when my hair is almost dry, I set it (using toilet paper as end papers to help the ends stay smooth). I also use more hair on each curler, which makes bigger curls, which can be brushed into waves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads