Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Emma, how strong of an auburn, how light?
If you're able, I'd do the color extractor as discussed in the dye or not to dye thread.
If not, and you don't want a very "light" shade, just "strong", I'd do a "bleach soap cap". Mix some bleach with some shampoo and water, shampoo into WET hair and let sit a few minutes, watch closely. This should pull up some of the color enough without going overboard. Regardless, your hair will feel different so have some good conditioner on hand.
If you can, I'd wait a day before applying the red overtop, it will hold better.
Keep us posted!
Nikki

lyburnum

Practically Family
001-1.jpg

My sister did this for me on her model night on Tuesday. Neither of us were sure how it'd turn out as she's never used packets before (she only just started training as a hairdresser 6months ago and it's slow progress). I didn't want it too strong/blocky the blonde, and I think it turned out nice. I may have to go in for a colour correction on my ends, but that's more to do with how much dye is already on my hair than her competency - it was never going to be brilliant blonde white first time.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
001-1.jpg

My sister did this for me on her model night on Tuesday. Neither of us were sure how it'd turn out as she's never used packets before (she only just started training as a hairdresser 6months ago and it's slow progress). I didn't want it too strong/blocky the blonde, and I think it turned out nice. I may have to go in for a colour correction on my ends, but that's more to do with how much dye is already on my hair than her competency - it was never going to be brilliant blonde white first time.

Very Very cute!!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I have pretty much always been bad and doing rolls - getting the placement, shape, size, getting everything smooth, etc. For some reason last night I decided to try doing triple rolls for the first time (and oh boy it took forever!) Well, I certainly can't come close to doing triple rolls like Jitterbugdoll used to post photos of, but here's my first attempt:

triplerolls1.jpg

triplerolls4.jpg

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Kitty!!! You're amazing!!! I love your rolls!!!!!! Tr?®s bon travail Miss K!! Quelle est la marque de ton rouge ?† l?®vre?? Is it Besame Red Velvet?? I ordered Red Velvet, so I was just wondering if it's this one!! lol!!! Thanxx!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
pennycarrol said:
Kitty!!! You're amazing!!! I love your rolls!!!!!! Tr?®s bon travail Miss K!! Quelle est la marque de ton rouge ?† l?®vre?? Is it Besame Red Velvet?? I ordered Red Velvet, so I was just wondering if it's this one!! lol!!! Thanxx!!

Merci, Penny! My lipstick is MAC Glam. It's similar to MAC's Russian Red, but with more pink in it.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I went to get my DL renewed the other day & had my hair curled, and thought it looked great, and then the lady hands me my card & I've never seen anything as horrific. It looked all tight & bunched up (it wasn't--it just looked like a helmet), and part of it was tucked under my coat collar & looks shorter on one side. Then I've got this moon-face going on, and I just want to die every time I think about it. My last DL photo looked ok, it was a bit odd, but I wasn't too ashamed to show it, but this one...I think I'm unphotogenic anyway, but I just want to cry. :(

leaette

A-List Customer
In PA, they let you look at your picture before they print it. And they will retake pics if you are unhappy. I'm really suprised they did this!

kitty, looks good to me.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
The mirror is a great idea--or put a second computer screen where you can see it, or even just let you see it, which they don't offer to do. I asked her if it was ok, and she said it looked fine, but how do they know?

I'll probably have it redone--which will probably cost another $20, but I'm pretty sure I'll be too ashamed to show it to anyone when I have to. The only thing I like about it is my red lipstick & my skin looks flawless. I could have used more blush though.

Josephine

One Too Many
I'm sitting here in a combination of those pillow rollers that are twist tie and the loop pin curls Johanna does, waiting for them to dry. Unfortunately it will be the same style I posted when I got my hair cut. :/

I have a hard time with the back of my head, by the time I get there my arms are tired and I make the curls too big and they don't dry all the way and fall out. :p I'm sleeping in them this time, we'll see what happens! Maybe I'll get a good enough pic to make an avatar out of . :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads