Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

dandelion-vint

One of the Regulars
I'm going tomorrow to renew my driver's liscense. It made me wonder, how many of you gals have vintage hairstyles in your driver's liscense photos?

Sunland Sare

New in Town
clare danes... maggie gyllenhaal... scarlett johanson...

*blush*

why thank you lovely ladies! i think i may become a regular if you're always this kind. i wish you all nice things and happy thoughts heehee

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My first real attempt at curling my hair with rollers. I curled the hair under, as it seemed easier to do. Thoughts?

hair_012308_1.JPG
hair_012308_2.JPG

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Vintage Betty - very pretty. Your hair looks shiny and smooth. What type of rollers did you use? Was your hair wet or dry when you started?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
How many rolls do you have there? I actually like the little roll you have with the bangs. And I prefer my rolls closer to my head also, although I see alot of rolls that have more oooomph to them.

Thanks for the feedback :) I have three rolls, one facing left and two facing right, plus my bangs.

Thanks for all the kind words ladies, it's so exciting to finally be close to getting it as far as styling goes.

Vintage Betty

scarlett said:
Vintage Betty - very pretty. Your hair looks shiny and smooth. What type of rollers did you use? Was your hair wet or dry when you started?

Thank you ladies for the nice words! I think any resemblance to a decent hairstyle is just coincidence lol and any credit goes to my hairdresser for my haircut, not me. :)

My hair has natural curl, so if I actually knew what I was doing, I might be able to get away with less fussing.

My hair was damp. I rubbed a small amount of re:coil curl activator to my palms, creating a white paste. I simply rubbed it in my hair, extending it out to the ends. Than I used the scunci EasyOut Self Holding Rollers, rolling each one under. I took them out and used a comb to brush out. I have a brush I'll try next time.

I used two types of hairspray: one fixit type hairspray for the front, and a volume spray for the rest of the head. My hair is fine, and I expect these curls to fall out in about two hours or less; which is standard. :(

Cheers
Vintage Betty

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
I just cut my hair...

Before and After. Mind you, the before is a professional shoot with great lighting and the after is in my bathroom with crap poo lighting.

IMG_4632c-1.jpg
me005b.jpg

I love your new hair Lolita, it really suits you and looks even more period to me!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Buttah Face

Having a total buttah face moment... I can't help but laugh. lol It's an angled mirror photo and that is why my face looks distorted. Well at least that is what I am telling myself. Hehehe Just play along, I'll never know.

It is about the hair... this is how I am wearing it today.
P1120466c.jpg

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
PolkaDotMeggie said:
I am not too embaressed to resort to begging..... so here it goes.....

Lolita... PLEASE: will you curl my hair next? I know there is not much to work with but I promise to turn out as cute as I possibly can. :cry:

Hahaha the secret is to sleep in rollers, whether they be soft sponge rollers or hard plastic perm rods. :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
PolkaDotMeggie said:
I see the crying did not faze you.... so I am going to try the bendy foam rollers everyone has been talking about. You're hair really hold the curls well. So lovely and natural. My hair tends to be stick straight so I don't have much luck.

Crying? Or do you mean from sleeping on rods? lol The rods don't bother me one bit. :) Use setting lotion as well it helps form and hold the curls. I find that when I set my hair with the bendy ones (mine are heated) I get bigger, softer looser curls, where the perming rods give me tighter fluff. :) Good luck.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Miss Brill said:
Lolita, you haven't changed your hair's spirit by cutting it--it still looks very glamorous. You are just making it stronger.

Thanks Miss Brill!! That is what I am hoping... my ends were nasty like poo!

Vintage Betty

PolkaDotMeggie said:
Vintage Betty--- you have such THICK hair! It is beautiful and so full :)

lol Thank you for the compliment, but it's the magic of photography! My hair is actually very fine, and if you touch one of my curls, they will wither and die. (See avatar on the left).

So, if you want to see my attempts, I will ALWAYS be adding some type of volumizer as well as stiff hairspray somewhere on my head in order to attempt to keep the hair gods happy and away from my head for at least an hour or two.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton