Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
My dear friend is all about the 60s so for her birthday party I made a 60s dress.

l_9b1d904e2d4a6b54c475e65e9a6096fe.jpg

l_7f6132c87fe0f99eef7a71c5ea157c24.jpg

looking good in the neighborhood....LOL

:D

anabolina

A-List Customer
Cute dress Pink Dahlia. I love the polka dots.

So I was a boring person this weekend and procrastinated on putting more job applications out by working still more on deciding on a graduation dress.

Here's Vogue 2669:
P1010318.jpg

Close up of the bodice:
P1010320.jpg

Here's Vogue 2354

P1010288.jpg

Close up
P1010287.jpg

Back View
P1010283.jpg

I'm thinking I like the first one enough to make it up in something else, but I'm continuing the search.

Oh well, it was a fun weekend even if it was spent mostly sewing.

Sunny

One Too Many
I made another nightgown!

527.jpg

I made it out of yellow poly-cotton batiste, since I wanted something smooth that could be washed a lot and doesn't need to be ironed. The batiste turned out a little lighter than I thought it would - I was prepared for translucent, but this was a little further! Still, it's very nice. I had to take a center-back tuck because the crossed straps pulled up a big gap. Apparently that's fairly common with this type of pattern. In the future I'll experiment with strap placement first. I did draft the skirt out fuller since my last nightgown was a little snug there; and of course, I made it shorter since I don't like long nightgowns. It hangs a little funny on the hanger. It looks just as nice - or nicer - than the pattern illustration when on.

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
kamikat, your blouse is a lovely fit, very flattering

anabolina, I have Butterick 5214 ,it's nice to see it made up, your Vogue's are fab too. We need to see them on you !!

Pink Dahlia, love the dress and the hair

Sunny, that nightgown is so pretty

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Pink, I love the shift and your beehive looks perfect.
Anabolina, I really like the first dress. Looks like a very cute, comfy day dress.
Sunny, great nightgown! I love vintage nightgown patterns, so much more elegant than modern ones. I have found the same gap on mine. I'll post pics once I fix the placement.

Nila

New in Town
Fluffy-Tigers Bra

Something finally brought me out of lurker-dom! :)

I was *so* inspired by Fluffy-Tiger's bra that I went searching for a vintage bra pattern....two hours later, I am still no closer.

Does anyone have any recommendations, links, ideas?

or

Fluffy-Tiger, is there any way to bribe you to make my size on the Lutterloh system and send it over to me?
(it was worth a try...)
:D

Pink Dahlia said:
Thanks gals!

And Miss Dolly the fabric is a little thick for dress making. ;)

P.S. - I can't wait to see that top!

You are unwilling to take the challenge?! lol

The top is all cut out & thrown on the floor at the moment. I really should get my essay written before I do any more sewing...but it feels more like I've achieved something when I have clothes to wear :rolleyes:

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Anabolina, Pink and Sunny, great work as always.

I made this using instructions from the "Sew Your Own Teen Fashions magazine. I should have made it with a different fabric. I don;t think the stripes work. I still have to put button holes on the straps.
IMAG0086_edited.jpg
IMAG0082_edited.jpg
IMAG0081_edited.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva, I think the stripes add interest to the bodice, really calls attention to the piecing there. I like the stripes.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Two things this weekend.
McCall7217.jpg
front-31.jpg

I now know why I had not attempted this patter in so long. It is WAY too complicated! There are 3 pattern pieces for the shoulder pads alone! I redrafted the pattern from my last go at it, and I did a much better job this time 'round.

Well, needless to say, I decided to for go a lot of what they wanted to do, but the yolk was still hard to place, not to mention I used rayon, one of my first times.

topstiching.jpg
collartacks.jpg

I was all about subtle details with this one. The tacking on the collar, and the top stitching on the yolk. The tucks, the two front pleats. Its in painful need of a steaming, but all in all I like the outcome.

This one was another refashioning.

front-33.jpg
front-32.jpg

More little details. I put a button hole in so I could wear my dress clips with it. I might go and do that some of my other jackets too.

buttonhole2.jpg
sleevepatch.jpg

I ran out of plaid and really had to patch together one of the sleeves. *whew*

Thats is from me.

Thanks Ladies,

LD

anabolina

A-List Customer
Both dresses are lovely LD. I esspecially love the first one. Lovely color and lots of details. I find I get so bogged down in making something, I forget the little details and just want to finish it as quickly as possible. I'm trying to slow down a bit.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

The second dress no longer exists, thats what I made the jacket from.
Im starting to learn its the small details that make the garment too. Instead of being in a rush to make whatever i can, I find crafting a garment with the small things is just as rewarding.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe