Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Benny Holiday said:
King Street in Newtown used to be brilliant for vintage. I live 45 minutes out of the city so I don't get in there often, and what I've found there over my rare visits has often been quite damaged anyway. I'm glad you found a suit there!

Lots of extremely heavy 30s overcoats, just like in the Perth charity shops [huh] Totally out of place.

bk

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Baron,

Count the weft and warp threads - look at the weave drops. Manx weaving, do you think?

Baron Kurtz said:
Benny, Stunning jacket as always.

I've got this one (i think now sold) down in Classifieds. MIddle 40s, i think but maybe middle 30s; the tailors label is, shall we say ... ambiguous. Truly quite an amazing fabric. Wish i could find one in such a fabric to fit me! Enjoy.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
Lots of extremely heavy 30s overcoats, just like in the Perth charity shops [huh] Totally out of place.

bk

Believe it or not it does actually get cold here, well, at least out here in the west of Sydney, right in the middle of Winter - May through to August. The way it's going this year, though, I'm not sure we're going to have an Autumn or a Winter!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Benny Holiday said:
IMG_2494.jpg

Brilliant!

Big_e

Practically Family
I like this one 'cause it's just right for warmer weather. My Stafford black & white tweed sportcoat.
Ernest

me2.jpg

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
I picked up this vintage sport jacket at Cheap Jacks in Manhattan on sale for 17.50. It has the pre-1949 Union Label. I had to get a new top button as it seemed the jacket never had one.

CIMG01282.jpg

CIMG0124.jpg

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
Some beautiful sports coats folks!

I`m in the process of building my base wardrobe up after my weight loss since last year.

Just picked up this (late 80s/early 90s?) Hagger blue/grey plaid jacket for $5.00 at a 2nd hand store.It`s my size(48R) and fits great so I jumped on it.The lapels are perhaps a tad larger than I like but still it`s a start. Needs a good pressing of course.

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/HosMan61/?action=view&current=DSCI0572.jpg&newest=1

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/HosMan61/?action=view&current=DSCI0578.jpg&newest=1

What do you guys think?
HMH

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Bought this Harris Tweed sport jacket at Cheap Jack's. I have no idea what era it's from. There isn't much information on determining the age of Harris Tweed jackets. I've only seen a similar tag in a 1942 Life Magazine Ad. Can anyone date this jacket?

CIMG0132-2.jpg

CIMG0135-2.jpg

Big_e

Practically Family
I love the sportcoat, HosMan. I like the plaid pattern and the color. The lapels don't look bad at all. That'd be a coat I'd be proud to wear.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Ernest

HosManHatter said:
Some beautiful sports coats folks!

I`m in the process of building my base wardrobe up after my weight loss since last year.

Just picked up this (late 80s/early 90s?) Hagger blue/grey plaid jacket for $5.00 at a 2nd hand store.It`s my size(48R) and fits great so I jumped on it.The lapels are perhaps a tad larger than I like but still it`s a start. Needs a good pressing of course.

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/HosMan61/?action=view&current=DSCI0572.jpg&newest=1

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/HosMan61/?action=view&current=DSCI0578.jpg&newest=1

What do you guys think?
HMH

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg