Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off the sports coats.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
BellyTank said:
Actually, my shirtmaker (who also makes suits) calls it the V Zone, but he's the only person I've ever heard use the term. Usually tailors refer to a high/medium/low button stance/placement or buttoning point to describe the area. I've also heard the term throat used, as in:"A lower button stance will give you a deeper throat and thereby show more shirt."

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Just to be clear, the gorge is the point where the lapel meets the collar.

untitled-11.jpg

Thanks for clarifying that. That's what I first thought was meant by the jacket gorge.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Macy*s Tasso Elba Beltback - modified!

I swallowed hard, grabbed my ripper, unstitched the pocket flaps and removed the buttons that fastened them. The result is a classically 30s look - and I can "square" the breast pocket.
3818165244_57d6697d55_b.jpg

Back view:
3669892148_f26d011d77.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
That makes for quite an improvement, Fletch- well done for taking the plunge.
Don't know about '30s but it's a pretty nice summer jacket.

I didn't like the jacket when it was being discussed but I think you did good, seeing the improvements to make. Looks better than when I didn't like it.

B
T

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Fletch said:
I may recut/resew the left collar notch to match the right.

Marc Chevalier said:
The lapel tab is great! Please, please don't remove it.

Personally, I can take it or leave it but I don't think it's a DIY job.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
I swallowed hard, grabbed my ripper, unstitched the pocket flaps and removed the buttons that fastened them. The result is a classically 30s look - and I can "square" the breast pocket.
3818165244_57d6697d55_b.jpg

Back view:
3669892148_f26d011d77.jpg

Thst looks a great fit to me Fletch...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up

Bugsy

One Too Many
A SALE, A SALE

I was in San Francisco last weekend, and came upon a store on Market Street that specializes in liquidations. I found these beauties. One is by Calvin Klein, and other is by Alan Flusser; both are cashmere. Yes, yes, I know, they are not vintage, but at $70 each--yes, seventy--I can live with that. Besides, they're probably last year's models anyway if that counts for anything.

Jacket1.jpg

Jacket2.jpg

Jacket3.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
At one time these were probably suits but the trousers ran off, so I post them here.

Mid- to late 1940s DB jacket. Fits me perfectly except for the arms, as usual. Neat fabric, fairly heavy weight.
1940sDB001.jpg

1940sDB002.jpg

Early 1940s DB jacket. Again, fits me like a glove except for the arms. The fabric is something to behold but this one needs a lot of work to make it wearable: dirty, wrinkled, broken buttons, some moth holes. Actually, I'm debating what to do with it- keep or sell? Has some nice shape to it, though. Would it be worth the effort?

early1940sDB001.jpg

early1940sDB002.jpg

Levallois

Practically Family
I just won this one made by Ed. V. Price & Co. of Chicago. I couldn't find anything on the www about how long they were in business. They were certainly around pre-WWII.

sportcoat1.jpg

sportcoat2.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Levallois said:
Ed. V. Price & Co. of Chicago..... They were certainly around pre-WWII.
Mr. Price began his clothing manufacturing operation in 1896, according to his bio.

BTW, that's a lovely jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88