Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raffle people

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
A member here has called me on the carpet and said that I allegedly raise funds for children in Ecuador. Well, Each Child Matters, Inc. raises funds, yes, and I personally send lots and lots of funds to Ecuador. Ask Centro Educativo Genesis in Quevedo, Ecuador, The Espinal Family, The Espinales Family, The Alarcon Family, The Vera Family and many other families in Pile, Pampas, Quevedo, and Otavalo.

Second, the member said that at least I should have sent thank you notes. Facts: We went to Ecuador for 17 days directly after the raffle. The president, treasurer, secretary, and education consultant were all in Ecuador working with schools. I took 4 days out to work in Pile and Pampas and Montecristi on personal business. You can bet your bippy that we are printing and sending thank you cards just as soon as we can. We've just returned and we all have jobs and families to attend to. It might be a couple of weeks, but we will not forget you.

Third, I'll have lots of photos up soon to set this simple mind at ease.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
That's great that you do all of that! My parents actually met in Ecuador. My dad lived there for about 4 years after college, he was a bit of a hippie and loves the culture and speaking Spanish. My mom was working in the fashion industry and met him there on business.

They have always supported children and families through those funds, and the kids send back letters and photos. When I was 12 my parents and I went to Ecuador and we actually got to meet one of the families, which was a really cool experience.

I absolutely love Ecuador, it's one of the most beautiful and interesting places I've ever been to.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

I and most of the folks around here know that your character is beyond reproach, Robert. Sounds like somebody needs to give you a break and chill out.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
No good deed goes unpunished!

Robert,

If you're talking about sending out thank-you notes to those of us who participated in the raffle, I wasn't expecting one other than the e-mail I received back then. I'd rather the money be spent in better ways.

I had an opportunity to win a great hat while helping out some children in need. That's a pretty good deal! It's we who should be thanking you and the rest of the gentlemen who put it together.

So, thank you, Robert and Co. for doing so!

Regards,
Tom

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Enough money wasted as it is...

Robert,
With Paypal fees and the price of postage tell him to kiss off...We don't need a thank you for helping out the kids and a chance to win a $2000 hat... Give me a break... :mad:

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've never received a thank-you for participating in a raffle, nor indeed expected one. Alledgedly raise funds? What does that mean? You do raise funds. This is terrible. I don't understand. Why would someone grouse like that? You're doing good works. Actually I've seen things like this before, growing up in a family where other people's needs were considered more important than our own, so it really shouldn't surprise me. But still!
Ashley

Barry

Practically Family
It sure seems odd to me. I saw the raffle as an opportunity to help out and also to have some fun on the 'Lounge at the same time. The thought of a personalized thank you note never crossed my mind.

Barry

majormoore

Vendor
Robert, the raffle closed before I could buy a few chances, I have never gotten a Thank You note, when I buy raffle tickets, nor would I expect to get one.

Tell the cry baby, to act like a man, and quit the crying. Better yet, maybe he would like to post why he thinks he should get a thank you note for all to see, I am sure he will get many replies.

Maybe next time you do this, I will be able to buy me several tickets before they sale out, and I promise, I don't want a thank you note, when I do buy them.

All the money went to a good cause, thanks for doing it.

Mike Moore
aka Major Moore

carter

I'll Lock Up
Robert, I'm sorry to read that someone was upset. I've never received a 'Thank You' note from a number of good causes and it has in no way affected my giving or donating. Actually, in some cases, we have requested that donations be anonymous. Personally, I'd like to say "Thank You" for the time and effort you devoted to this endeavor. Keep up the good work. Carter

Aaron Hats

Vendor
Don't bother sending notes. Take the money you would have spent on notes and postage and give it to the kids.

majormoore said:
Tell the cry baby, to act like a man, and quit the crying. Better yet, maybe he would like to post why he thinks he should get a thank you note for all to see, I am sure he will get many replies.

Exactly!

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i agree with Aaron...keep the money to be spent on notes..send emails if you want...we understand...

whoever this person is....just grow up...you're talking about Robert...

mark the shoeshine boy

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a thank you note for you Robert: thank you for being the sort of person who gives of their time, effort and skills to help others. Thank you for having a caring and charitable heart.

I for one think it's a woderful work that you're doing, and clearly 'm not alone. My hat's off to you. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm sorry this happened Robert, I can't imagine anyone thinking it was anything other than an honorable endeaver. Why in the world would anyone want a thank you note for a raffle ticket? I guess there are some things that can never be explained.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Panamabob said:
A member here has called me on the carpet and said that I allegedly raise funds for children in Ecuador. Well, Each Child Matters, Inc. raises funds, yes, and I personally send lots and lots of funds to Ecuador. Ask Centro Educativo Genesis in Quevedo, Ecuador, The Espinal Family, The Espinales Family, The Alarcon Family, The Vera Family and many other families in Pile, Pampas, Quevedo, and Otavalo.

Second, the member said that at least I should have sent thank you notes. Facts: We went to Ecuador for 17 days directly after the raffle. The president, treasurer, secretary, and education consultant were all in Ecuador working with schools. I took 4 days out to work in Pile and Pampas and Montecristi on personal business. You can bet your bippy that we are printing and sending thank you cards just as soon as we can. We've just returned and we all have jobs and families to attend to. It might be a couple of weeks, but we will not forget you.

Third, I'll have lots of photos up soon to set this simple mind at ease.

Robert, please have said person contact me, as this was my scheme to "allegedly raise funds for children in Ecuador". I would love to explain to this member the whys and whats of what was behind raising funds for these children. There is no reason for you to take the abuse for my idea. I and all the other gentlemen on this forum admire the work that you do for these children. Do not allow one malcontent to even give you pause. In the words of Harry Truman "The Buck Stops Here", so send him this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley