Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
The second was an older G-8. I've heard enough controversy as to whether or not these were bonafide gov't issue jacket and for all I know they're an invention from the minds of the Indiana Jones crew.

Size 44 but fits closer to a 46 aside from being a tad short and my simian arms would dig a little more sleeve. Very soft and supple, the jacket is unlike most of my others. Almost seems delicate but can't be to have lasted this long and not been scuffed up or rashed at all.

IMG_7721.jpeg

IMG_7722.jpeg

IMG_7720.jpeg

Last edited:

Al 916

One Too Many
Vanson “E“ from a fellow lounger. Flawless condition with two belts and a mouton collar.
This is a tank of a jacket, and it will need to get WAY colder for me to be able to wear it.

I have been looking for this model for some time now. Thanks to @ton312 for advising on the correct size. Vanson is notoriously inconsistent between their models, and while I can go down to a 40 in some jackets, this is a 44 and had to be!

View attachment 539659 View attachment 539662

Hi Tom, is that a standard Vanson removable collar please? (looking to get one for the CHP).

Thanks
Al

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Hi Tom, is that a standard Vanson removable collar please? (looking to get one for the CHP).

Thanks
Al

I asked Vanson about a removable fur collar for my CHP a year ago. They said that since the jacket does not have snaps for a collar I'd have to send them the jacket to have it done.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Morning, (Nice suede Cheyenne by the way ;_)

I know mine is a MKII, not sure what the MKI was like, however...

View attachment 648550
View attachment 648551

Morning! Loving the Cheyenne! :)

Ah, you have them on yours! Nice. I thought it was too much hassle to send it all the way to them in the US and decided it wasn’t worth the trouble/shipping costs for me. But I do like having a removable collar. It makes the jacket more versatile, and it’s quite stylish as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley