Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
There was just something didnt look quite right the way last nights ribbon was sitting (think I had it a bit too snug).

SO ...got up early and removed it. Thought Id try somethng a bit different and try some khaki I had... I kinda like it. Totally changes the look with a lighter color. Ive also got a slightly darker taupe I may try while Im at it. ( just wrapped a piece around to show the color)

May very well end up going back to a dark brown. before Im through, but Ill make my decision BEFORE sewing it on this time lol.. Is there such a thing as too many choices?

View attachment 623894 View attachment 623896 I might try too View attachment 623901

I think the top one makes the look POP!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
There was just something didnt look quite right the way last nights ribbon was sitting (think I had it a bit too snug).

SO ...got up early and removed it. Thought Id try somethng a bit different and try some khaki I had... I kinda like it. Totally changes the look with a lighter color. Ive also got a slightly darker taupe I may try while Im at it. ( just wrapped a piece around to show the color)

May very well end up going back to a dark brown. before Im through, but Ill make my decision BEFORE sewing it on this time lol.. Is there such a thing as too many choices?

View attachment 623894 View attachment 623896 I might try too View attachment 623901
Your preference trumps all of course, but personally, I like the khaki best.

RickP

A-List Customer

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Picked up some grass fed beef, a huckleberry pie, and a Stetsonian in my size for $30 at the local farmer’s market this morning. A great start to the day :).

IMG_0250.jpeg
IMG_0251.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many

No wrong answer among that bunch, but I really like the first one.

RickP

A-List Customer
Took the new Roadster B out for coffee this morning with the Khaki ribbon. I really liked the look, but decided to go ahead and make a ribbon and bow out of dark brown. Little more civilized and a little less POP (Pimp on Parade) lol.
It was a bit flatter brim than I like, so I did a little trip to the flange block so I could snap it a bit better. Think Ive got it to the point I can leave it alone and just wear it now

Compress_20240629_080958_8653.jpg
Compress_20240629_182337_7610.jpg
Compress_20240629_182338_8093.jpg
Compress_20240629_182338_8501.jpg

Here's an interesting one. Just had to pick this one up.

Collins&Fairbanks Co extra quality fedora in grey. Size 57 or 58 (not quite sure) with the bound brim a smidge under 7cm and the crown at an impressive 11,5cm at the center dent. There is a small label with a 5 on inside of the sweatband, but you can just about see the 1/8 on the lower right side of the label, so indeed either a 57 or a 58.
It really wanted the camber style it is in right now. The label tells us what we expected of this hat. It was actually made by Mossant and the colour is called Gris Lugano. There is a label with the JB logo stuck over the Mossant label though. JB being Jean Bourrel, a French manufacturer in its own right, and it is likely that in this case they were the wholeseller to Collins and Fairbanks. The hat has great styling and felt and weighs 106 grams. But is is too big for me (dang!).

collins fairbanks_01.jpg
collins fairbanks_02.jpg
collins fairbanks_03.jpg
collins fairbanks_04.jpg
collins fairbanks_05.jpg
collins fairbanks_06.jpg
collins fairbanks_07.jpg
collins fairbanks_08.jpg
collins fairbanks_09.jpg
collins fairbanks_10.jpg

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Here's an interesting one. Just had to pick this one up.

Collins&Fairbanks Co extra quality fedora in grey. Size 57 or 58 (not quite sure) with the bound brim a smidge under 7cm and the crown at an impressive 11,5cm at the center dent. There is a small label with a 5 on inside of the sweatband, but you can just about see the 1/8 on the lower right side of the label, so indeed either a 57 or a 58.
It really wanted the camber style it is in right now. The label tells us what we expected of this hat. It was actually made by Mossant and the colour is called Gris Lugano. There is a label with the JB logo stuck over the Mossant label though. JB being Jean Bourrel, a French manufacturer in its own right, and it is likely that in this case they were the wholeseller to Collins and Fairbanks. The hat has great styling and felt and weighs 106 grams. But is is too big for me (dang!).

View attachment 624099 View attachment 624100 View attachment 624101 View attachment 624102 View attachment 624103 View attachment 624104 View attachment 624105 View attachment 624106 View attachment 624107 View attachment 624108
Wow, that ones great! I would like to be it a 58

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg