Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
IMG_2024-06-22-13-44-31-551.jpg
IMG_2024-06-22-13-45-05-710.jpg
IMG_2024-06-22-13-45-20-599.jpg
IMG_2024-06-22-13-45-52-609.jpg
IMG_2024-06-22-13-47-03-047.jpg
I've had this new black Bogart from Hufvud for a week, but the rainy weather put this post on hold. This is my 4th Hufvud, and I really like Mikael's new liner. Terrific addition to my small collection.

Arrived last week but I only took pictures of it yesterday.

Borsalino extra Lusso fedora in black. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 7cm and the crown at 10,5 cm at the center dent. Bit of an oddity this one. No label behind the unreeded sweatband and the liner is not a Borsalino liner, so I'm thinking it is a replacement. Still sewn in, so an early replacement. The size label on the sweatband is the same as the ones we find on the earlier Borsalinos separates from the main label. The Borsalino logo is the smaller one we also see sometimes on earlier Borsalinos. The has me thinking this is likely from the late thirties or early forties.

borsalino lusso_01.jpg
borsalino lusso_02.jpg
borsalino lusso_03.jpg
borsalino lusso_04.jpg
borsalino lusso_05.jpg
borsalino lusso_06.jpg
borsalino lusso_07.jpg
borsalino lusso_08.jpg
borsalino lusso_09.jpg
borsalino lusso_10.jpg

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Not a new hat but a repurposed old beater Stetson Roadrunner. This version will see time on the river for the rest of the summer. I’m still trying to find (or create) the perfect summer fly fishing hat and this one, I hope, is moving in the right direction.

Features include:
- custom fur felt hat band for holding flies
- vented crown in a fishing style
- 3 1/4” brim for sun protection
- anti-reflective brim underside (for reading water and sighting fish)
- trout hat pin
- Bryantcote finish that provides some protection against inevitable dump in the river

IMG_0216.jpeg
IMG_0218.jpeg
IMG_0220.jpeg

Here are the before pics:

IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0208.jpeg

TimmyV

Familiar Face
View attachment 622620 View attachment 622621 View attachment 622622 View attachment 622623 View attachment 622624 I've had this new black Bogart from Hufvud for a week, but the rainy weather put this post on hold. This is my 4th Hufvud, and I really like Mikael's new liner. Terrific addition to my small collection.
Beautiful hat you got yourself !! I ordered a Bogart Fedora from Mikael this morning and I'm curious about the crown on this hat...is it easily shaped by hand or is it "molded" that way from Hufvud ? Not that I want to change the bash...just curious is all.

TimmyV

Familiar Face
Beautiful hat you got yourself !! I ordered a Bogart Fedora from Mikael this morning and I'm curious about the crown on this hat...is it easily shaped by hand or is it "molded" that way from Hufvud ? Not that I want to change the bash...just curious is all.
I sent Mikael at Hufvud a message to ask him and he replied that the crown shape was set with steam and would require steam to reshape. Just thought I would post his reply.

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
I sent Mikael at Hufvud a message to ask him and he replied that the crown shape was set with steam and would require steam to reshape. Just thought I would post his reply.
Thanks for the compliment on the black Bogart I obtained from Mikael! My gray 50x beaver Bogart allowed me to deepen the side dents without moisture, but my whiskey rabbit/hare Cagney required a light spritz of distilled water to do the same thing.

Arrived just now:
Pilgrim "Westerner" (not sure if name for just this hat or their whole western line)
4 5/8 at the pinch, 3 1/2 brim.
Nice dark taupe with contrast binding and 3 cord. Hard to get the color right in the photo as usual.
From Fellow Lounger Scott of "Fine Vintage Fedoras".
VERY PLEASED.;)
1719586976080.png
1719587104022.png
1719587126183.png

1719587822320.png

:):):)

Last edited:

RickP

A-List Customer
Found a little Stetson Roadster B in walnut for a "I couldnt help myself" price LOL . (Hadnt heard of this model till I started looking up) Looks basically new with original box. Royal Deluxe from 2015. Should be a nice little knock around hat. Nice smooth feel with a little body, but still comfortably soft. Kind of an "indy-ish" vibe. Bound 2 1/2" brim. Leather hatbands a bit loose but its most likely coming off for maybe a 1" ribbon replacement anyway. Time for a little bit of brushing and steaming

Compress_20240628_125712_2847.jpg
Compress_20240628_125714_4118.jpg
Compress_20240628_125714_4534.jpg
Compress_20240628_125713_3519.jpg

Boomerang

One of the Regulars
Found a little Stetson Roadster B in walnut for a "I couldnt help myself" price LOL . (Hadnt heard of this model till I started looking up) Looks basically new with original box. Royal Deluxe from 2015. Should be a nice little knock around hat. Nice smooth feel with a little body, but still comfortably soft. Kind of an "indy-ish" vibe. Bound 2 1/2" brim. Leather hatbands a bit loose but its most likely coming off for maybe a 1" ribbon replacement anyway. Time for a little bit of brushing and steaming
Love the smooth curve of a bound brim. And I definitely agree on the Indie-ish vibe. On this hat it works well. Nice find!

RickP

A-List Customer
As we say here in East Texas, It was too hot to fish today, so I went ahead and pulled out my ribbon box and just stayed under the cover of air conditioning till I had a nice 1- 1/2" grosgrain ribbon and bow whipped up.

Not sure why that little leather hatband was loose because it had a solid bead of glue underneath all the way around. Ive made head gaskets on engines with less adhesive. I may be doing some glue spot remediation for a while ( a few little spots peeking out from under the ribbon... thanks to 2015 stetson staff on that one lol.) But its all done and sewn in...looks way better than the skinny 1/4" leather band it came with. May get its first public run to the coffee shop in the morning before it gets too warm. Just need to finish up a tad bit of steaming and shaping tonight

Compress_20240628_205115_5847.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88