Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
An interesting Borsalino with a self felted thin "ribbon".

This hat has the nicest felt, similar to my Marque Grand Luxe, but with slightly longer fibers. Really nice to handle. This is what my Stetson 7XCB should feel like!

All I have so far is a quick iPhone image. I'd sprayed the hat with distilled water to bring to open crown and then to re-shape so it is still wet here. More to come later in the Brotherhood thread.

smugshot6250775-L.jpg

Thank you for the comments and info on the RSD. The fit is very comfortable... I think it will find a good bit of wear time.

Alan, nice clean classic stetson, simple but still really nice. By the way congrats on pic of the day on the nasa page. I've been into astronomy since i was 10 years old, had to sell my orion telescope to make ends meet, but wanted to congratulate you.

Coble, thank you for that note. I hope your scope-less time is short lived.

cheers,
Alan

coble

A-List Customer
Alan, i'm looking into buying a new one this coming year. I have enjoyed the Orion brand, but PM me a telescope brand you recommend where i can set up a camera too, my orion had the lens adapter, but i'm looking into a higher quality scope. I still have my lens filters for looking at the sun, and moon. I will say in a short note, before i sold my orion scope, my wife got the chance for the first time to see the moon and its craters close up, saturn, and jupiter with two of its moons in the front. Anyways PM me, would definately like to hear your opinions.

scooter

Practically Family
For the record, Alan, you might post your scope thoughts here. I, for one, have an interest as well and would like to hear what you have to say.

I could talk telescopes till the cows come home (and often do!) and happy to share my thoughts... but in the interest of keeping on topic, why not email me at the contact address from the link in my signature and we can chat without dragging everyone along.

clear skies!
Alan

EggHead

Practically Family
Alan, i'm looking into buying a new one this coming year. I have enjoyed the Orion brand, but PM me a telescope brand you recommend where i can set up a camera too, my orion had the lens adapter, but i'm looking into a higher quality scope. I still have my lens filters for looking at the sun, and moon. I will say in a short note, before i sold my orion scope, my wife got the chance for the first time to see the moon and its craters close up, saturn, and jupiter with two of its moons in the front. Anyways PM me, would definately like to hear your opinions.

I have this http://www.williamoptics.com/telescopes/megrez88_features.php
it portable, quick and easy to set up and I always wear a short brim (2") hat on those cold nights.
You might want to look into its bigger brother - Megrez 90.

As plain jane as they come and a great example of how beautifully a hat could be designed and styled for a modest price point.
The thin felt needs a bit of steam refreshment, but otherwise, condition is as it was sold. Lightweight at 2.9 ounces, the felt feels exactly like an early forties Vita-Felt. No markings to indicate this, but perhaps the process or aesthetic remained after the marketing effort faded?

rsd6.jpg

rsd5.jpg

Triple stitched overwelt... I can't recall another hat in my collection with an overwelt brim edge?

[]

Silly me, I threw out a $50 bid, thinking this one might get overlooked. So you're the one that got it!
Nice catch, beautiful hat, Alan.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Somewhat of an impulse buy after giving my son my Sage (green) Stetson Chatham, I decided to get one in a color I really like---Caribou. I read that the Chatham had been discontinued so I searched and found a great deal at DelMonico Hatters. I think this hat, along with the Nostalgia (which has also been discontinued), is among the best looking of the modern Stetsons. Perfect fit too!
Photo244.jpg

Photo247.jpg

Last edited:

coble

A-List Customer
Jwalls i will get in touch with you after i get out of navy bootcamp, around march april, i'll be in pensacola going to A School for aviation boatswains mate handler (going to direct jets and helicopters). I just coudn't keep my eyes off this hat, thank you for posting a closer view, i love it.

Duper

Practically Family
Somewhat of an impulse buy after giving my son my Sage (green) Stetson Chatham, I decided to get one in a color I really like---Caribou. I read that the Chatham had been discontinued so I searched and found a great deal at DelMonico Hatters. I think this hat, along with the Nostalgia (which has also been discontinued), is among the best looking of the modern Stetsons. Perfect fit too!
Photo247.jpg

Nice Caribou colour jbucklin. And nice of you to pass your sage green to your son. Where did you hear the Chatham was being discontinued? I thought the Chatham was one of Stetson's bread an butter models as well as it being modified for other retailers like Noggintops Bear Creek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1