Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Justdog said:
Rich substantial felt. Price on box sale 8.57 price on hat 12.50. Sale price on sweat 4 and change my price? Priceless;)

Rich color indeed!:arated: Great ribbon treatment as well; classy bow.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Resistol...

I found this Resistol "self-conforming" yesterday. It's in good condition but a trip to Optimo might be needed to make it look its best. The tag says 7 but it fits me only slightly tight and I'm a 71/8. After some cleaning and a fresh bash, here's the result. I like the hat but I don't know if I love it. I'm not too much into the thin ribbon and spending in a cleaning/reblock is def. not in my plans. Maybe I'll change the ribbon but that would mean change the hat's identity. Maybe I'll post it in the classifieds for trade.

DSC04194.jpg

DSC04204.jpg

DSC04203.jpg

DSC04199.jpg

DSC04202.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

Tag.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Rich color indeed!:arated: Great ribbon treatment as well; classy bow.

It's kinda got the look of the Depp publicity photo for "Public Enemies".

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone help me date this?

Aureliano said:
I found this Resistol "self-conforming" yesterday. It's in good condition but a trip to Optimo might be needed to make it look its best. The tag says 7 but it fits me only slightly tight and I'm a 71/8. After some cleaning and a fresh bash, here's the result. I like the hat but I don't know if I love it. I'm not too much into the thin ribbon and spending in a cleaning/reblock is def. not in my plans. Maybe I'll change the ribbon but that would mean change the hat's identity. Maybe I'll post it in the classifieds for trade.

DSC04194.jpg

DSC04204.jpg

DSC04203.jpg

DSC04199.jpg

DSC04202.jpg

DSC04200.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

Tag.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mallory Dallas Pliafelt

3904581902_af1a85da36_o.jpg

More like Limpafelt now. It was semi-crushed and had traces of both a front pinch and a porkpie at one time or another. Needs a serious clean and reblock to restore some body and make its actual color visible again. I'll post in Mallory thread after cleaning.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Stage Coach Resistols were available late 1970's. I got mine in 1979 only a few years later than Brad has stated.

thanks Brad and gtdean!
I'm enjoying the hat. But then again I'm still not in love.
I might end up putting it up for sale or trade as I said before.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aureliano said:
I found this Resistol "self-conforming" yesterday. I like the hat but I don't know if I love it. I'm not too much into the thin ribbon and spending in a cleaning/reblock is def. not in my plans. Maybe I'll change the ribbon but that would mean change the hat's identity. Maybe I'll post it in the classifieds for trade.

DSC04194.jpg

Its a nice looking hat. Aureliano. The Resistol self-conforming sweatbnands are really nice. Thin ribbons need love too, you know!;)

Aureliano said:
thanks Brad and gtdean!
I'm enjoying the hat. But then again I'm still not in love.
I might end up putting it up for sale or trade as I said before.
I'm wondering if that could be a replacement sweatband as all Stage Coach models I've seen a liner with a stage coach image. [huh]

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Its a nice looking hat. Aureliano. The Resistol self-conforming sweatbnands are really nice. Thin ribbons need love too, you know!;)

I'm trying to love the ribbon Mr. P. it's hard though... But I'm trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe