Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Dobbs looks like a nice, clean hat, Sue, but the Dobbs is my pick. What color is that brim binding? Looks kind of copperish on my screen.

billysmom

One Too Many
We've been speculating on what to call that binding over at the Disney Diner. I call it cerise, sort of a dingy pink/purple. It seems to take on whatever color I'm wearing. Of course, it may all change if I clean it. ;)

Sue

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Disney:

Disney.jpg
[/CENTER]Sue[/QUOTE]

Dang.........:eusa_clap

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Here is the new Stylemaster I received. Kinda kinda concerned that the brim is too big for me, but I also had this hesitation about the panama hat I bought and you told me that it looked good. I will post a comparison pic of the Stetson Saxon that I do like the look of. Sorry about the cell phone pics and will try to take digital camera pictures if need be.

The Stylemaster, this morning:

1.jpg

2.jpg

My panama hat:

P3100320.jpg

Now, the Stetson Saxon:

P3100323.jpg

P3100324-1.jpg

Well, how's it looking and is the brim shaped right?

Sam

Mr. Paladin

Sir, I think, given your face shape and size, that the Stylemaster looks much better than the Saxon. The wider brim seems to be more proportional for you. As to the brim shape, I would ensure that it is snapped down evenly in front, from about the center point of each side to the front with perhaps a bit more lowering of the swoop in front. Nothing exaggerated but still more than appears.

Just my 2 cents, others' mileage may vary.

BobC

Another puppy arrived at our house earlier this week. This one is a little smallish and in pretty serious need of a cleaning. It must have been stored for a long time. It's going to Chicago soon. The lining is a creamy light golden color, different from the others I have.

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

It arrived in this box. Anybody know anything about Emerson? The box is in sad shape, but I wonder if it's worth keeping? The seller offered me the box for no extra money and told me it wasn't a Stetson box and that it was in pretty bad shape.

IMG_1428.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
This one's for you, Scott. My family of puppies:

IMG_1430.jpg

Very impressive. It would be interesting to see group shots from other forum members who have your kind of 'focus' on a single style. We've seen some nice 'Open Road' collections. I wonder if there is anyone here with such a set of Playboys?

buler

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
It arrived in this box. Anybody know anything about Emerson? The box is in sad shape, but I wonder if it's worth keeping? The seller offered me the box for no extra money and told me it wasn't a Stetson box and that it was in pretty bad shape.

From a biography of William Ezra Mallory, "He was also a director and treasurer of the Emerson Hat Co. of Danbury, a subsidiary of the Mallory Hat Co....."

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe