Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CRH said:
I think that down brim would look better after the tiki lights are going and we can see the orange glow of that Don Lucas :D.

Good idea! I'll see what I can do. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you, Sue.

Stern-Hank

New in Town
BobC said:
I finally got my hands on a gray milan that arrived on Friday. I've been trying all summer to get a gray one, and it arrived just in time for fall. Oh well, it'll be here next summer, and I'll get some use of it for the cruise in September and for our annual Bahamas trip in October.

I decided I like the brim down all around look for this one. What do you think?

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

The cigar is a Don Lucas I picked up in the Domican last January. The time in the humidor has worked wonders for these. I wish I'd bought more.

Wish I could find a straw like that...nice one...

BobC

Stern-Hank said:
Wish I could find a straw like that...nice one...

I bought this one here, SH, though I don't see it there anymore. It might be a little late in the season for straws now, but Rusty might be able to help us out some. He has one in natural. You should be able to e-mail The Fedora Store to ask about it. It's a Dobbs Steve Harvey milan. I don't remember if I mentioned that before or not.

http://www.thefedorastore.com/

Good luck in your hunt. You may have to wait until next season, but you'll surely find one then.

Welcome to the lounge, by the way. You'll like it here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
You sure that Mossant is a homburg? Love to see another
view of it.

Wish I could wear a homburg as well as you do!

I can assure you, guys, it's a Homburg style. It is, however, a summer weight. Not a stiff hat. Very, very good felt. I wish I could wear one of these without the brims going all wavy but such is life.

It was a pleasure doing business with Mr. P. and even more of one to see him styling in them as he does. Great look, Mr. P.!

FYI - Here are other views of the Mossant showing the thin ribbon I originally acquired it with:

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:
I finally got my hands on a gray milan that arrived on Friday. I've been trying all summer to get a gray one, and it arrived just in time for fall. Oh well, it'll be here next summer, and I'll get some use of it for the cruise in September and for our annual Bahamas trip in October.

I decided I like the brim down all around look for this one. What do you think?

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

The cigar is a Don Lucas I picked up in the Domican last January. The time in the humidor has worked wonders for these. I wish I'd bought more.
SUPER!
But you knew I would like it! :D

Mr. Paladin

Gene beat me to it. I was swamped at work over the holiday weekend and did not have time to put up any more photos. I just put up detail shots and other angle shots of both the Mossant and the Royal DeLuxe Stetson St. Regis I got from him in the Homburg Nation thread for anyone interested. Then I found his post when I came over here to post this. It is definitely a homburg and goes great with my light summer dress jacket. Thanks again Gene, I love these hats!:cool2:

Mr. Paladin

Buler, that is a really nice Marathon. Beautiful color of felt.

BobC, you are definitely stylin' in that milan. That brim-down look, a guayabera, and a big fat cigar will set you up for sure!

BobC

RBH said:
SUPER!
But you knew I would like it! :D

Thanks, Gene, Rusty and Mr. P.

Rusty, I was pretty sure you'd go for it. You are my inspiration on this one. ;)

Mr. P, I've got the hat and the cigar, and I'm looking into the guayabera for that island look. :D

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Tragic!

I bought this Mallory taking a chance, because I didn't know the size...but I am at the smaller end of the hat size spectrum (7-1/8) and figured there was a good chance it was a 7 or 7-1/8...with exception to the darkening around where the crease used to be (I got it open crown) it is very good condition. According to the marking on the box - which I take to be those of the store - it is a "snow color," or nearly white.

100_1290.jpg

Lo and behold, a gorgeous 7-3/8. Bah! It is, according to the sweatband, a Mallory $12.50.

100_1293.jpg

100_1295-2.jpg

I like the edge - it is a very well done underwelt that gives the impression of a welted edge.

Justdog

Practically Family
Royal Deluxe

Rich substantial felt. Price on box sale 8.57 price on hat 12.50. Sale price on sweat 4 and change my price? Priceless;)

StetsonDeLuxeChocolate2.jpg

StetsonDeLuxeChocolate3.jpg

StetsonDeLuxeChocolate4.jpg

StetsonDeLuxeChocolate5.jpg

StetsonDeLuxeChocolate6.jpg

StetsonDeLuxeChocolate.jpg

BobC

Chiliarches said:
I bought this Mallory taking a chance, because I didn't know the size...but I am at the smaller end of the hat size spectrum (7-1/8) and figured there was a good chance it was a 7 or 7-1/8...with exception to the darkening around where the crease used to be (I got it open crown) it is very good condition. According to the marking on the box - which I take to be those of the store - it is a "snow color," or nearly white.

100_1290.jpg

Lo and behold, a gorgeous 7-3/8. Bah! It is, according to the sweatband, a Mallory $12.50.

I like the edge - it is a very well done underwelt that gives the impression of a welted edge.

Looks like a nice one, Chilli. How does it measure up? A true 7 3/8?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Justdog said:
Rich substantial felt. Price on box sale 8.57 price on hat 12.50. Sale price on sweat 4 and change my price? Priceless;)

StetsonDeLuxeChocolate2.jpg

Very nice. Is that dark-brown?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe