Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
I am posting this shot for friend MarkL.
Its his new Buckaroo Hatters fedora.
When he returns he will have to post more info and maybe a few more shots.
The hat looks great Mark, and a fantastic job Mike Moore!!!:eusa_clap

markl.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Is the ribbon olive?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
A couple weeks ago I posted three of the five new homburgs I received that week. I have gotten busy and haven't had a chance to get the other two posted...but first the story. About a year or so ago Harp Player Gene posted two beautiful homburg hats in one of the regular threads; one was a fine mink brown Stetson St. Regis, and the other was an old Mossant which I believe he had acquired from Garrett. At that time, I was very well taken with the pair of them, and had wished I could come up with something similar. Well, about 3-4 weks ago, Gene PMed me, asking if I had any desire to own a couple of his homburgs, and he described them. I could not believe my luck! Not only were they the very two he had posted, he and I both are Size 7. That transaction took almost no time, I can tell you. He graciously added a ribbon to the Mossant, which was ribbonless at the time, and they have now reached their final home, as long as I am breathing anyway! Here they are, with a very hearty "Thank You!" to HPG:

Mossant

Sundayhats004-1.jpg

I love the color of that Mossant - the nicest Homburg I've seen you post!

RobStC

A-List Customer
Mr. Paladin said:
A couple weeks ago I posted three of the five new homburgs I received that week. I have gotten busy and haven't had a chance to get the other two posted...but first the story. About a year or so ago Harp Player Gene posted two beautiful homburg hats in one of the regular threads; one was a fine mink brown Stetson St. Regis, and the other was an old Mossant which I believe he had acquired from Garrett. At that time, I was very well taken with the pair of them, and had wished I could come up with something similar. Well, about 3-4 weks ago, Gene PMed me, asking if I had any desire to own a couple of his homburgs, and he described them. I could not believe my luck! Not only were they the very two he had posted, he and I both are Size 7. That transaction took almost no time, I can tell you. He graciously added a ribbon to the Mossant, which was ribbonless at the time, and they have now reached their final home, as long as I am breathing anyway! Here they are, with a very hearty "Thank You!" to HPG:

It's nice to hear a story with a happy ending..... "And they all lived happily ever after"..... :)

What with M. Chevalier finally getting the Vagabond of his dreams (sorry if that sounds a little suspect!!), it's been a lovely few days on the Lounge.

Life as normal, then.....;)

Regards to all,
Rob St.c

buler

I'll Lock Up
Marathon

Here is a Pennys Marathon Extra Quality I picked up Saturday. Oilskin liner tip cover, unreeded sweat, $3.98 price.

B

marathon_1.jpg

marathon_2.jpg

marathon_3.jpg

marathon_4.jpg

marathon_5.jpg

marathon_6.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
Here is a Pennys Marathon Extra Quality I picked up Saturday. Oilskin liner tip cover, unreeded sweat, $3.98 price.

Again :eek:.

The vintage hat market certainly seems to be booming in Wisconsin! I'd certainly be happy is some of it could migrate across the Mississippi.

buler

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
Again :eek:.

The vintage hat market certainly seems to be booming in Wisconsin! I'd certainly be happy is some of it could migrate across the Mississippi.

Just so you know I didn't pay $3.98 for the hat. Thats the original price. I had to shell out a whopping $15. The nerve of them marking it up over MSRP.

B

CRH

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
Just so you know I didn't pay $3.98 for the hat. Thats the original price. I had to shell out a whopping $15. The nerve of them marking it up over MSRP.

You got ripped off! :eusa_doh:

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
buler said:

B

Yeah, I paid $30 for a Stetson 20 the other day. The nerve of some people.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I finally got my hands on a gray milan that arrived on Friday. I've been trying all summer to get a gray one, and it arrived just in time for fall. Oh well, it'll be here next summer, and I'll get some use of it for the cruise in September and for our annual Bahamas trip in October.

I decided I like the brim down all around look for this one. What do you think?

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

The cigar is a Don Lucas I picked up in the Domican last January. The time in the humidor has worked wonders for these. I wish I'd bought more.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I finally got my hands on a gray milan that arrived on Friday. I've been trying all summer to get a gray one, and it arrived just in time for fall. Oh well, it'll be here next summer, and I'll get some use of it for the cruise in September and for our annual Bahamas trip in October.

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

The cigar is a Don Lucas I picked up in the Domican last January. The time in the humidor has worked wonders for these. I wish I'd bought more.
Nice hat, and is that your deck? overlooking water?!!
You need a guayabera for the cruise!:D

CRH

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:

I think that down brim would look better after the tiki lights are going and we can see the orange glow of that Don Lucas :D.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Nice hat, and is that your deck? overlooking water?!!
You need a guayabera for the cruise!:D

That is our deck. We have a small lake behind us, electric motors only. It's an old gravel pit, so it's DEEP.

A guayabera would be perfect for a gray milan, brim down!:D Thanks for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe