Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Seems unworn... hatband is same style was one Randooch sold me once.
I think it had seen very little wear. The leather is very supple and there is no staining of the liner at all. There are a couple of spots on the topside that look like they were probably caused by water droplets hitting the dust. I expect they should come off very easily. But then again, what do I know.

Michael

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last year I heard a lot from the loungers about the 150th anniversary of the Stetson and, this year the main posts regarding the new active hatters especially in America.
My curiosity as fond of hats has increased with the vision of the photographs posted on the two issues that were the main themes of FL.
I made then a small investment to have in my hands and on my head two American products.
Mass one (Stetson) and a niche (Gannon).
I was helped in my intention to Steve who kindly made me to be logistically and much more in the US.
So here come the two hats after a tour in Europe together with a Borsalino renovated by Bob to BSHW (not in this thread :))

Stetson Absinthe in sage directly from the outlet in Garland TX. Generous gift from Steve.
2j1s8zc.jpg

This model, together with Racine, was my favorite in the range proposed by Stetson for the 150th anniversary.
33uxuv8.jpg

2niogf9.jpg

I was lucky !

The Gannon is Black Cherry fur felt (lapin)
ncdufc.jpg

I chose the rabbit because it is much closer to almost all Europeans hats in my collection.
30wm26d.jpg

w7bzlx.jpg

The first impression is that they are sturdy hats
Give me the time to do a bit of comparisons and handle them before saying my opinion.

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also leave it Open Crown like BOTP, or even a Montana Peak would look good.

Not sure the crown is tall enough for a Montana Peak. Open Crowns usually don't look right on me.

Do have any desire to try to pencil curl that brim since you dont have flanges?

I would like a pencil curl but this is some pretty stiff western felt. I may try that again later on. Any ideas on how to curl by hand?

Thanks for the suggestions & comments, guys. This hat will probably never be one of my favorites due to the quality of felt, but it will make a nice casual hat to wear.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Not sure the crown is tall enough for a Montana Peak. Open Crowns usually don't look right on me.

I would like a pencil curl but this is some pretty stiff western felt. I may try that again later on. Any ideas on how to curl by hand?

Thanks for the suggestions & comments, guys. This hat will probably never be one of my favorites due to the quality of felt, but it will make a nice casual hat to wear.
Maybe some cooper tubing...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton