Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This one is the oldest in my growing collection. Stetson Premier Derby that has some potential. She has seen some hard times, although the ribbon and brim are still in good shape. I did find some issues under the sweat though...old mold! The sweat is needing some restitching, but is actually pretty intact. It looks like this hat has been in a flood and dried out badly. In the coming days, I will seek guidance from the assembled gurus here.
29428665383_579f0f0e74_z.jpg

29428672493_989e0c4888.jpg

29428686773_575509cd95_z.jpg

29761520710_185f068c48_z.jpg

30055324155_a28c912e7e_z.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone tell me anything about Wrangler hats? I have this one that is labeled 4X Beaver.
P1200843 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

I've seen it intimated on the web that they are made by Resistol.
P1200841 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

The crease and dimensions, more or less, as my Resistol Stagecoach.
P1200837 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1200840 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

This may be a model called Boone, if it's recent production, and they sell online in the $85 to 105 range. Reputed to be fur, not sure about the beaver part. It's another recent local find.

Michael

Nice job but I like your idea of pre 40's dress better.

That ribbon would work well with the planned crease.

Thanks! I never got the telescope tightened up because I could tell I wasn't going to like it before I got that far. If I can get a bit of cup pressed into the brim then I think I'll like the center crease with big pinches.

Here's Jared's BSHW to demonstrate the cup:
20i724y.jpg

I managed to get a bit of cup on 3 sides when I worked my Woomera:
wkmnus.jpg

All I need is a small A cup to make me happy this time!

RJR

Thanks! I never got the telescope tightened up because I could tell I wasn't going to like it before I got that far. If I can get a bit of cup pressed into the brim then I think I'll like the center crease with big pinches.

Here's Jared's BSHW to demonstrate the cup:
20i724y.jpg

I managed to get a bit of cup on 3 sides when I worked my Woomera:
wkmnus.jpg

All I need is a small A cup to make me happy this time!
;)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone tell me anything about Wrangler hats? I have this one that is labeled 4X Beaver.

I've seen it intimated on the web that they are made by Resistol.

The crease and dimensions, more or less, as my Resistol Stagecoach.

This may be a model called Boone, if it's recent production, and they sell online in the $85 to 105 range. Reputed to be fur, not sure about the beaver part. It's another recent local find.
I've seen some on ebay but can't really tell. Probably Hat Co make them.
Creases and dimensions are all look a like, I have a 3x beaver Resistol that have the same dimensions of most Stagecoach Hats I own (and was sold to me as being a black Stagecoach but it wasn't).

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I've seen some on ebay but can't really tell. Probably Hat Co make them.
Creases and dimensions are all look a like, I have a 3x beaver Resistol that have the same dimensions of most Stagecoach Hats I own (and was sold to me as being a black Stagecoach but it wasn't).
Thanks for the info Joao. Seems an okay hat if nothing special.

Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007