Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
HadleyH said:
missjoeri said:
Or someone just point me in the direction of a unmarried millionaire!
missjoeri, missjoeri, missjoeri it's always money isn't it? lol lol lol
What are we going to do with you girl??????? hmmmm?????:p lol lol
when there's a will there's a way, we'll get there somehow, don't you worry so much... ;)
"Enriching" a previous offer...

temp_1010026.jpg

I'm sure the guys down at McMurdo Sound wouldn't mind making some room for a single lady... :D

Not very 'vintage', but it IS 'all snow, all the time', and you'd have the penguins for company, along with all those geeky Poindexters*...

*Before anyone criticizes my terminology, I AM ONE, OKAY?! I'm referring to my own kind here...

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
I would adore living in a vintage town! I don't care where it is really-- I've dealt with the Chicago climate all my life, I'll take anything you throw at me!

Hmm.... I could be the town librarian if you need one-- put my useless knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System to work for once instead of as a silly party trick! lol ("Madam librarian.... Marion!")

But I'd much prefer to be the resident starlet! ;) lol I'd love to croon a song or twelve in the local nightclub. :)

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Sounds perfect! Get to keep my day job.... and I've always wanted to moonlight as a nightclub singer! :D

Now I'll finally have someplace where my constant jazz/big band singing will be appreciated--- or at least understood!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
You'll need a teacher. And now you've got one!! :D

If anyone were really serious about this, I hear that there are little towns all over Nebraska and Kansas that are dying which will basically give you little vintage houses if you will live in them and work in the town. I won't kid you, the winters would be wicked, and they have little things like tornadoes. lol
But no earthquakes....

Joie DeVive said:
You'll need a teacher. And now you've got one!! :D

If anyone were really serious about this, I hear that there are little towns all over Nebraska and Kansas that are dying which will basically give you little vintage houses if you will live in them and work in the town. I won't kid you, the winters would be wicked, and they have little things like tornadoes. lol
But no earthquakes....

A teacher it is.
I dunno about Nebraska and Kansas. If someone is willing to give you a house for free then it might likely be that is an indicator of what the area is worth. :eusa_doh: Tornadoes and snow!? Uh, no thanks. ;) I'll live with the earthquakes for now. :D

Regards,

J

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
Back to the perennial snow controversy!!!

It's a showdown between the snowbunnies and the beachbunnies! lol

And JP, I think the failure of these towns has more to do with the decline in family farming, the changes to the interstate system, and the loss of blue-collar jobs overseas than the intrensic value of the places. It also has to do with the movement of the population to the suburban areas.
You have a point though. If the towns are already having a time of it, so would we....

Joie DeVive said:
You have a point though. If the towns are already having a time of it, so would we....

Yep, that was my point. ;) If we are too far away from the interstate then that would take tourism out of our budget and that might hurt. :eusa_doh: It would also mean that we are out in the middle of nowhere and supplies of everything would cost much more to be shipped or trucked in. Other logisitical problems would crop up in conjunction with this; I think.
We should only look like we are out in the middle of nowhere not actually be that way. ;)

Regards,

J

Yeah, it wouldn't be too hard to use Disneyland-type camo-tricks or artfully-placed landscaping to make the distance to the road look like farther than it really is. Maybe an earthen berm "hill" with a mural-wall on top depicting the highway they came in on an extra few miles out from where it really is?

Joie DeVive said:
It's a showdown between the snowbunnies and the beachbunnies! lol

Well, not totally--I'm not a beach-type, but I can't deal with cold weather at all, I seem to be only marginally less cold-blooded than my serpentine nameesake. Where does "desert rattlesnake" fit into that spectrum?:eek: :D

DHermann, that might work, depending on the reception from the locals. I'd suggest somewhere out in the "heartland", small-town USA. Have to check big-city attitudes at the town limits, though... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe