Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

not for the faint of heart in classy fashion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they have no taste in cars, do you expect them to have taste in clothes? Taste usually runs through all avenues of life. If you drive an Impreza, you probably are more apt to wear a flat-bill, and live in your mother's basement. While the guy in the Lincoln may prefer a nice fedora, and a nice house, perhaps Victorian or Craftsman.

Just an example :p

Well, they have no taste in cars, do you expect them to have taste in clothes? Taste usually runs through all avenues of life. If you drive an Impreza, you probably are more apt to wear a flat-bill, and live in your mother's basement. While the guy in the Lincoln may prefer a nice fedora, and a nice house, perhaps Victorian or Craftsman.

:rofl:

Detective_Noir

One of the Regulars

my grandmother owns a victorian house and she loves the way i wear a hat tipped off with a suit whenever she sees me coming up her driveway to visit her she says hey there rick (Casablanca Reference) Humphrey Bogart was her favorite actor of the time besides Clark Gable

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
People are threatened.

As we do not attempt to look as though we just arrived or are going to the beach/mountains/ski slope, as is now the fashion in clothing, cars & such like. ALL objects that display ability to consume in a conspicuous & ostentatious manner, we are not "on board", as it were (no matter that their 4 wheel drive has never seen a dirt nor gravel road, nor their boots a mountain, stream nor trail). :D

Who cares what the
NASIOC_Logo.jpg
thinks. IMPREZA... really not too "imprezed", frankly.
As far as I am concerned THAT poster is wearing his ASS as a hat. I prefer felt, personally.

Equal measures of ignorance & arrogance on display.

Last edited:
Everyone has their interests and you always feel like a weirdo explaining it to someone who doesn't know/understand. I always try to be understanding of folks with any sort of interest. I know what it's like to have people give you a funny look because they don't 'get' what you like.

That being said, insults were thrown our way, I think a few little digs over here aren't going to hurt them too bad. After all, intelligent, classy guys like us; our barbs will go right over their sunroofs.

Flicka

One Too Many
Sorry for butting my female (fedora-less) head in here, but I think these guys are really just bitter because they didn't get that part in Mean Girls they auditioned for. 'Can't accessorise'; that's such a killer remark, especially when made behind someone's back. I wonder if they all wear pink on Wednesdays too?

Where is Lindsey Lohan when you need her? ;)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
What a sad little display of insecurity. There's subtext in so many of those comments that clearly shows how many of these poor souls wish they could wear one too.:cry::violin:

I wonder how Subaru feels about the members of their Impreza club using it as a hate forum, ie;

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1088570
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823883
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562595

Wait, one little detail-- there's a Subaru Impreza Owner's Club forum? :eusa_doh: Lord. That just about says it all. We should feel honored that so many people felt the need to spend time perusing our forum pages.

I just did a quick search for "Kia Sedona Owners Club" (yeh, my sweet, sweet ride) and, weirdly, a forum came up where the threads were related to... Kia automobiles... I know-- I don't understand it either. Go, figure. [huh]

Rusty, this thread has the potential to get out of hand, like one that was shut down last year. Might want to put the brakes on it.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
With all the Impreza hate, is not the same thing happening here as on their forum?

I almost bought an Impreza STi myself a few years ago. It is one of the best performing cars out there for the money. There is a big enthusiast community out there - rightly so!

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Well, I have nothing against Subies. I drive a Forester. Have nothing against those that trick out their Imprezas.
My only comment to the folks on the Imprenza thread is this:
"If you don't like Hank Williams...You can kiss my ass"

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jeez Tom, I drive an outback, all wheel drive all of the time, I wear Fedoras, and I live in MY basement. :D

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe