Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I remember when.....

Pompidou

One Too Many
You know how I feel about flying :p

Speaking of...

I remember when taking a trip on a plane was something you dressed nicely for and were treated special instead of like cattle.

Those were the days. A combination of increased security and money saving company efficiency efforts have made the airways something of a nightmare out of Kafka.

Those were the days. A combination of increased security and money saving company efficiency efforts have made the airways something of a nightmare out of Kafka.

There were some old Alaska Airline commercials that are so very close to reality these days.

It's funny how there seems to be a drive to create a sense of true equality by making life equal portions of misery by enforcing equality in degrading treatment by faceless drones carrying out the whims of totalitarian like bureaucracy.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
There were some old Alaska Airline commercials that are so very close to reality these days.

It's funny how there seems to be a drive to create a sense of true equality by making life equal portions of misery by enforcing equality in degrading treatment by faceless drones carrying out the whims of totalitarian like bureaucracy.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel, John? lol That's why I like traveling in a suit; tend to get better treatment. Oh, and equality of the masses goes out the window if you're a VIP...

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
You know how I feel about flying :p

Speaking of...

I remember when taking a trip on a plane was something you dressed nicely for and were treated special instead of like cattle.

As it was going to the movies, or out to dinner, or for a stroll on the avenue, etc.

I have some pictures of my mom as a baby, in her pram, with older relatives in the background. The men are all in suits, ties, overcoats, and hats, and the women are in dresses, top coats, and hats, as well. These days? Pfah!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
For that matter, who remembers when prams were made of spring-steel frames with leather sides, and hard wire-spoked wheels. I was wheeled around in one, but all I remember of it is my brother demolishing it to make a go cart that didn't go anywhere.

For that matter, who remembers when prams were made of spring-steel frames with leather sides, and hard wire-spoked wheels. I was wheeled around in one, but all I remember of it is my brother demolishing it to make a go cart that didn't go anywhere.

Darn! I got the economy model with vinyl sides.:eusa_doh::p
ChurchPramBIG_468x629.jpg

They still make the old silver cross balmoral for about $4,000:eek::eeek::

Geiamama

One of the Regulars

I have both a vintage 1953 Tran-Sad pram and a modern pram for my girls and the Tran-Sad wins hands down every time. It's just so much roomier, smoother running and generally more comfortable for little ones to sleep in. They just don't make them like they used to.

newbuggy.jpg

Last edited:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up

Either that or some people are so delusional as to think that people will want to stop flying and get on a high speed train! DUH, idiocy. Like anyone in California want's to get on a train and go from Corcoran to Borden.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Much like Cadillac taking a Cavalier and putting in leather seats and calling it a Cimmaron?

Not as bad as that horrific experience. I also remember when Cadillac dropped a V-6 in the DeVille's for 1980. Then they came out with the V-8-6-4. But nothing, NOTHING beats when GM took a small block 350 and thought they could burn diesel in it. bahhaahhahahahahahahaa

Ha, I almost bought a Diesel Caprice Wagon for 50 bucks a year ago. Planned on dropping a 454 in it. Hello sleeper!

Not as bad as that horrific experience. I also remember when Cadillac dropped a V-6 in the DeVille's for 1980. Then they came out with the V-8-6-4. But nothing, NOTHING beats when GM took a small block 350 and thought they could burn diesel in it. bahhaahhahahahahahahaa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82