Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I remember when.....

All my buddies are performance guys, but performance trucks. I'm about snort when I need it and economy when I don't. In comes the Q-Jet. With my Holley on my Bel-Air, I got 6 mpg, and with the Q-Jet, I was up to 20.

Yea Tom, the Quadrajet is a classic carb. I eventually changed to a Holley smoothbore that bolted on to the stock manifold. Better performance but much worse fuel mileage. The Quadrajet had small primaries with large vacuum operated secondaries, so it sipped gas when your were light on the throttle, but fed the engine plenty of fuel when you got on it. The Holley had four equally sized barrels with mechanically linked secondaries. It used more fuel even when taking it easy, the price you paid for better performance. Of course, this was in 1975 so gas was what, 60 or 70 cents a gallon back then?

Old Rogue

Practically Family
I know, I know... :p 69' Chevy Nova also cool :D
Um no.... I was a dork [huh] Actually an ex-Mod and hung out with the Vespa crowd.

Just can't imagine that there could ever be any way that you would be a dork!!! Definitely cheerleader material. Of course, that would be a very intelligent cheerleader with impeccable vintage tastes and not the stereotypical vacuous cheerleader!

rue

Just can't imagine that there could ever be any way that you would be a dork!!! Definitely cheerleader material. Of course, that would be a very intelligent cheerleader with impeccable vintage tastes and not the stereotypical vacuous cheerleader!

Awww..... thank you :)
I just never fit in with the cheerleader football crowd. As my mother would say... I bloomed late.

rue

Keeping with the thread (kind of)
I remember when I looked like this:
IMG_0721.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I remember when cars had 'fly' windows - those small triangular windows in the front of the side glass. They were either push or crank open and would let in the perfect amount of air when opened, either part, or all the way.

Had a few cars with those, my brother's and father's trucks have 'em. We always call 'em vent windows, wing windows, or smoker's windows.

Speaking of smoking, I remember when it wasn't taboo to smoke in someone's house, or anywhere really.

I remember when cars had 'fly' windows - those small triangular windows in the front of the side glass. They were either push or crank open and would let in the perfect amount of air when opened, either part, or all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82