Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Pioneer wear, which is a bit small but I really like landed:
IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0282.jpeg

As did the Jo-o-Kay which is just OK.
IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_0348.jpeg

Time to take a breath on suede. Pretty much covered. LOL.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 638881 View attachment 638879
View attachment 638882
View attachment 638880 View attachment 638883
Old school New Mexico was and still the place to get your best spoke suede leather jacket. The old school methods of construction are hard to beat. In one of my trips to visit my people (Yaqui) in the four corners area, I had a master crafted me a beautiful jacket. Love it. And will always remain in my collection.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes a rare thing occurs - a jacket turned up in a box at your door that is as nearly perfect a fit as you could ever hope to achieve. That's what happened today with this Al's Leather CHP straight zip. Big thanks to @KBlake for posting this in the Finds & Deals thread too. I love that it has some character, very thick leather (I would guess Steerhide) and quite comfortable to just put on and wear. The photos below are just out of the box, no adjustments at all. This evening I snugged up the side laces a little and it's better yet. More details on this one soon...
DSC_0340.JPG DSC_0342.JPG DSC_0339.JPG

TLW '90

Practically Family
View attachment 638881 View attachment 638879
View attachment 638882
View attachment 638880 View attachment 638883
Damn well now I guess I have another jacket to start searching for.
This one has the same era label as my vest too, and you know I wouldn't be afraid to wear both this jacket and my vest like I do my other PW suede jacket.

That JO-O-KAY is a nice looking jacket too, but the PW is just tops.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Sometimes a rare thing occurs - a jacket turned up in a box at your door that is as nearly perfect a fit as you could ever hope to achieve. That's what happened today with this Al's Leather CHP straight zip. Big thanks to @KBlake for posting this in the Finds & Deals thread too. I love that it has some character, very thick leather (I would guess Steerhide) and quite comfortable to just put on and wear. The photos below are just out of the box, no adjustments at all. This evening I snugged up the side laces a little and it's better yet. More details on this one soon...
View attachment 638895 View attachment 638896 View attachment 638894
Spot on man. Love those Al's so underrated. I have the very same one also. Got mine from a member here. Al's leather flow so very nice on your body. If you ever want to reproduce the batch, let me know. I will make one and send it to you with pre sewn perforation so you just follow the indentations. Easy to do. TRUST ME. Just let me know. It will be a gift as thanks for our last trade. I just still kick my self for not getting that Cycle King you had.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 638895 View attachment 638896 View attachment 638894

Very very nice one. Congratulations!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I certainly would have purchased this jacket. I'm looking forward to the tale of the tape, size 40 or 42!

To me, the size on this jacket would be somewhat irrelevant.

No doubt, by style and price, an early 1930s jacket.

Shanhouse of Rockford. Illinois is known for this jacket style, I belive others made a very similar style, it was a popular look. So popular that it has been reproduced in Japan by various makers.

I have a 1930 Shanhouse catalog, but none of the tag numbers correspond to the catalog numbers. The style is well represented with several similar jackets.

I have a similar jacket that has a different collar and throat latch. Mine is not mint, but the horsehide is in fine condition.

AHP91

One Too Many
Further pictures of this 1930s jacket with the price tag still attached. Apart from some scuffing, the jacket certainly looks completely unworn. Vintage size 40 fits smaller; fits me well.

Beautiful wool lining is under the collar as well. Stills smells like new horsehide. Sleeves still stiff from being unworn. Lighter weight jacket seems like a pleasure to wear.
IMG_0202.jpeg
IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0201.jpeg
IMG_0204.jpeg
IMG_0203.jpeg
IMG_0210.jpeg
IMG_0209.jpeg
IMG_0205.jpeg
IMG_0199.jpeg
IMG_0200.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Further pictures of this 1930s jacket with the price tag still attached. Apart from some scuffing, the jacket certainly looks completely unworn. Vintage size 40 fits smaller; fits me well.

Beautiful wool lining is under the collar as well. Stills smells like new horsehide. Sleeves still stiff from being unworn. Lighter weight jacket seems like a pleasure to wear.
View attachment 639795 View attachment 639796 View attachment 639797 View attachment 639798 View attachment 639799 View attachment 639800 View attachment 639801 View attachment 639802 View attachment 639803 View attachment 639804
Amazing coat! Thus garment is easily 90 years old! Incredible!

What is the length?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1