Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

KBlake

One Too Many
I now understand why these are so prized.
IMG_2222.jpeg
IMG_2231.jpeg
IMG_2187.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpeg
    IMG_2231.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
That Buyee rabbit hole runs deep:
View attachment 634313

Another 15% off coupon good through Friday (JST) for Mercari > Fashion > Men.
Yen is creeping up in value so they're probably seeing less sales.

Fromjapan had 10% off all mercari, plus 5% off codes, plus they will try to negotiate another 10% off for you (sellers almost always accept in my experience).

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Working on a custom C2 project with Vanson. Trying out some stock models for sizing. This is a 40 with the rayon lining. About 23” chest which is a bit big on me, and .5” bigger than expected from their measurements. Sleeves definitely too long, will probably ask for 1-1.5” off the final make. Really dig the shortness of it.

Thinking I might be between sizes a bit here. Maybe the quilted lining 40 or rayon lining 38 would work better?

Any feedback welcome!

IMG_7988.jpeg
IMG_7989.jpeg
IMG_7990.jpeg
IMG_7991.jpeg
IMG_7993.jpeg
IMG_7995.jpeg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Working on a custom C2 project with Vanson. Trying out some stock models for sizing. This is a 40 with the rayon lining. About 23” chest which is a bit big on me, and .5” bigger than expected from their measurements. Sleeves definitely too long, will probably ask for 1-1.5” off the final make. Really dig the shortness of it.

Thinking I might be between sizes a bit here. Maybe the quilted lining 40 or rayon lining 38 would work better?

Any feedback welcome!

View attachment 634369 View attachment 634370 View attachment 634371 View attachment 634372 View attachment 634373 View attachment 634375
Yeah, you are a 38. This 40 you can get away with but my personal experience with Vanson is, they grow bigger with break in, relaxing leather giving here and there, this jacket is one size too large, after break in, it will be 1.5 sizes too large.

edit: body from front does not look too bad, but the back looks huge. if you can lose 2“ at the bottom hem and still zip it up, I‘d size down.

cbez

One Too Many

Any feedback welcome!

View attachment 634369 View attachment 634370 View attachment 634371 View attachment 634372 View attachment 634373 View attachment 634375
Wonder if they will eliminate ugly back seam if you beg.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Any feedback welcome!

If you're going custom it might be worth while to take a look at their slim fit pattern, the C2RN, and modify that one by minus 1.5" body length and add removable belt and back gussets like the current C2. And maybe try to convince them to stock some horsehides again. I once had the opportunity to buy an old slim fit C in horsehide (late 90s to early 2000s fit) but the guy wanted crazy money and would have been a lot less to get a new one from Vanson but no horsehides, not from a couple years back, maybe things has changed now they're stocking new leathers they didn't a couple years back.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Yeah, you are a 38. This 40 you can get away with but my personal experience with Vanson is, they grow bigger with break in, relaxing leather giving here and there, this jacket is one size too large, after break in, it will be 1.5 sizes too large.

edit: body from front does not look too bad, but the back looks huge. if you can lose 2“ at the bottom hem and still zip it up, I‘d size down.
I've only had used Vansons so far, but that makes sense about them relaxing. And totally agree about the back vs the front...

I re-measured and actually get 23.25" chest, whereas the stated 5" ease should give 22.5".

Wonder if they will eliminate ugly back seam if you beg.
In fact, I asked a few weeks ago and they are looking into it.

If you're going custom it might be worth while to take a look at their slim fit pattern, the C2RN, and modify that one by minus 1.5" body length and add removable belt and back gussets like the current C2. And maybe try to convince them to stock some horsehides again. I once had the opportunity to buy an old slim fit C in horsehide (late 90s to early 2000s fit) but the guy wanted crazy money and would have been a lot less to get a new one from Vanson but no horsehides, not from a couple years back, maybe things has changed now they're stocking new leathers they didn't a couple years back.
I understand where you're coming from. Much like Butterscotch making the decision to use it as their base. But I'd really prefer to use the C2 if I can make it work since all the features and shorter body length are already there

As for leathers, it would be cool if they carried those horsehides again. However, I'm working to get mine made as a prototype in Badalassi.

Mrfrown

One Too Many

Another shot showing how big the back looks

Feels like sizing down is the way to go. Even if the chest is on the trimmer side, when the big arms should be plenty of space. Fingers crossed!

IMG_7994.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab

Any feedback welcome!

I think a size 38 would suit you better, this looks too big in every dimension.

Schumie

New in Town
Pulled the trigger on an Aero Premier Highwayman in black Badalassi last week and I am waiting for the JS03 from Tenjin Works in natural tan ‘kip oil’. In the meantime I try to stay away from this forum as much as I can, but not doing a great job..

Attachments

• IMG_6352.jpeg
    IMG_6352.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6356.jpeg
    IMG_6356.jpeg
    824 KB · Views: 25

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HvdB