Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

The Independence Holiday spent under a vintage Pedigree Panama enjoying a few KC Bier Co German style Dunkels.

IMG_0654.jpeg

IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

Then home to wrap up the holiday with a couple drams of Glenmorangie Extremely Rare 18 yr old Highland Malt.

IMG_0657.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday and this morning I am enjoying a couple of days off.

i-px52LzD-M.jpg

Top l-r: This morning I enjoyed a Pseudo Sue IPA after a morning run. An earlier morning cold brew (Volcanica Costa Rica single origin) hit the spot. Yesterday evening a Surley Supreme pilsner was just the ticket. A Bent Paddle Kanu was a treat after yesterday's yard efforts. This mornings Pseudo Sue IPA has a dynamite lacy foamy pour.

Cheers, Eric-

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early morning I started a charcoal grill for a lamb roast. We have guests coming early afternoon and I am prepping the roast and vegetables for roasting. I have been enjoying a Founders All Day IPA for my efforts.

i-Jh4MBg8-M.jpg

I enjoyed hot coffee ( https://volcanicacoffee.com/collections/costa-rica-coffee) this morning in the cool temps. The Peaberry coffee has more intense flavors than the normal Costa Rican coffee I drink. Tasty and hit the spot.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Heavy rains overnight followed by heavier still in the morning (27mm in one hour and 46 the next) meant school was closed for the kids. I couldn’t get there either for a while either due to flooding. Nothing too serious. I went in an hour later.
It also didn’t stop the Amazon delivery of a couple of Irish whiskeys. We opened the cheaper of the two.
IMG_2377.jpeg

Tasty. I get almond, fig, and spices. For the price (¥2,304, or $US14.60), I will likely repeat buy.
IMG_2381.jpeg

The weather meant my choice of hats was the polypropylene Akubra Capricorn.
IMG_2380.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Friday late afternoon meeting with work colleges at Big Woods Brewing. Excellent offerings on a very warm afternoon.

i-TTvjDpN-M.jpg

Yesterday was a Surley pilsner and a Shilling Cider kind of day.

i-6vC9nmr-M.jpg

This morning I enjoyed a Porch Glow IPA, No Li Brewing Spokane Washington. A friend had been out and summited Mt.Adams and brought back some small brew pubs offerings. It was tasty. The chocolate malt like ale flavor drank like a lager. Interesting and tasty at the same time.

i-HhNZjg6-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening I enjoyed a Bent Paddle Kanu. This session pale IPA has firstly a brilliant Hop taste. The sweeter, solid malt base with citrus and slight pine tastes finish a slight dry. I am enjoying this beer this summer. It pours bronze with a big lacy head. I find it hard to screw up the pour. That is big, for me.

i-7zfbHsW-M.jpg

Tonight I am sampling an Icicle Brewing IPA. The beer, Dragontail, is brewed in Leavenworth, WA. It is a modern take on a West Coast IPA. Certainly the hops are up front. But the taste is excellent featuring citrus and melon followed by the malts. It has a pleasingly smooth mouth feel. It has won a gold medal in the 24 World Beer Cup and bronze in the 24 Best of Craft Beers . It is an excellent modern West Coast IPA that I hardily recommend.

Cheers, Eric -

HH spent consuming the Art of Neurosis, a few American IPA’s by 2nd Shift Brewing, St. Louis, MO. @ 7.7% ABV. Very much like Boulevard Brewing’s Tank 7 American Saison @ 8.5% ABV. Blindfolded, I’m not sure I could tell them apart. Neurosis comes in @ 67 IBU while Tank 7 is 38 (less bitter). Wearing my Moore Hat Co Bulldogger Western doctors hat.

IMG_0713.jpeg

IMG_0714.jpeg

IMG_0712.jpeg

IMG_0715.jpeg

IMG_0716.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacketvillage