Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday morning.
This last week I have enjoyed some spirits.

Founders All Day IPA Grapefruit, Dangerous Man Brewing pilsner and Costa Rican Tarrazu.

i-Kg98WZs-M.jpg

A lunch with some Glenlivet. An afternoon treat of Surley Logic Bomb.

i-ZdV9M8P-M.jpg

An early evening visit of Omni Brewing to pick-up some Crowlers of Double Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake IPA. Re-release from back in 2021.

i-2pW8qpW-M.jpg

Hard cider and cold brew Sunday morning.

i-pxpGPVM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Wearing my Moore Hat Co Bulldogger & in keeping with Missouri Craft Brewers Guild month I drank a couple short pints of Baltic Porter @ 10% ABV. A dark lager with the taste of young bourbon whiskey & oak after being aged for 6 months in casks from Holliday Distillery, Bottled In Bond Bourbon Whiskey, (Weston, MO, established in 1856). Tastes of a young bourbon whiskey & the tannins from the oak cask gives it a dry burgundy taste with an IBU of 40. I ordered a water back to help with that. Definitely a sipper.

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

The 4th annual Missouri Pint Day (& a cooler day) deserved an Optimo Original West. The commemorative pint glasses this yr were somewhat of a disappointment, with shrink wrap Mylar sleeves instead of real paint. I chose a few German style Kolsch Ales to fill mine, brewed by Boho Brewing, Parkville, MO @ 4.7% ABV. Mild citrus & melon taste with a fresh baked bread aftertaste. Somewhat underwhelming & under impressive.

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
I’ve never had an IPL before (Is Indian Pale Lager actually a thing?). Anyway, it was a fruity little number. Very tasty. No complaints, though I would have liked a little more bitterness.
The hat is a Bailey Toyo with a new pug attached.
IMG_1278.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88