Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday morning.
This last week I have enjoyed some spirits.

Founders All Day IPA Grapefruit, Dangerous Man Brewing pilsner and Costa Rican Tarrazu.

i-Kg98WZs-M.jpg

A lunch with some Glenlivet. An afternoon treat of Surley Logic Bomb.

i-ZdV9M8P-M.jpg

An early evening visit of Omni Brewing to pick-up some Crowlers of Double Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake IPA. Re-release from back in 2021.

i-2pW8qpW-M.jpg

Hard cider and cold brew Sunday morning.

i-pxpGPVM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Wearing my Moore Hat Co Bulldogger & in keeping with Missouri Craft Brewers Guild month I drank a couple short pints of Baltic Porter @ 10% ABV. A dark lager with the taste of young bourbon whiskey & oak after being aged for 6 months in casks from Holliday Distillery, Bottled In Bond Bourbon Whiskey, (Weston, MO, established in 1856). Tastes of a young bourbon whiskey & the tannins from the oak cask gives it a dry burgundy taste with an IBU of 40. I ordered a water back to help with that. Definitely a sipper.

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0590.jpeg

IMG_0587.jpeg

The 4th annual Missouri Pint Day (& a cooler day) deserved an Optimo Original West. The commemorative pint glasses this yr were somewhat of a disappointment, with shrink wrap Mylar sleeves instead of real paint. I chose a few German style Kolsch Ales to fill mine, brewed by Boho Brewing, Parkville, MO @ 4.7% ABV. Mild citrus & melon taste with a fresh baked bread aftertaste. Somewhat underwhelming & under impressive.

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_0601.jpeg

IMG_0599.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

I’ve never had an IPL before (Is Indian Pale Lager actually a thing?). Anyway, it was a fruity little number. Very tasty. No complaints, though I would have liked a little more bitterness.
The hat is a Bailey Toyo with a new pug attached. View attachment 623920
As far as I know the difference between Lagers & Ales is the yeast & Lagers are typically brewed longer. I’m supposing that the India Pale Lager would use hops similar to what IPA’s use.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Good Sunday morning.
This last week I have enjoyed some spirits.

Founders All Day IPA Grapefruit, Dangerous Man Brewing pilsner and Costa Rican Tarrazu.

i-Kg98WZs-M.jpg

A lunch with some Glenlivet. An afternoon treat of Surley Logic Bomb.

i-ZdV9M8P-M.jpg

An early evening visit of Omni Brewing to pick-up some Crowlers of Double Raspberry Vanilla Milkshake IPA. Re-release from back in 2021.

i-2pW8qpW-M.jpg

Hard cider and cold brew Sunday morning.

i-pxpGPVM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
What is that two-tone ribbon Eric? It’s spectacular!

An afternoon spent watching baseball & golf while drinking a collaboration between Crooked Stave Brewing Co, Denver CO & Obermeyer Brewing Co, Aspen CO of an artisan Aprés German Style Pilsner. 5% ABV. Thin head & light carbonation for a Pilsner. Nose & tastes of fresh bread, Saltine crackers, & lemon zest. A touch of tart or bitter hops; more like an IPA than a Pilsner. A bit of a dry astringent aftertaste & finish. I won’t buy again. All while wearing my Knox American Royal Arminto clone.

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

IMG_0615.jpeg

IMG_0619.jpeg

RickP

A-List Customer
WHEW... 97 degrees, bright sun, and pretty muggy. Unfortunately the grass wasnt mowing itself lol, Now the yard looks good under the flag for the 4th of July Holiday ( Im retired and mowing is my work now... some of us old codgers take out job seriously)

Switched to a Stetson polyester hat for the yardwork so I didnt have to clean and dry a sweaty hat afterwards. Not the best hat in the house, but it was cheap, holds it shape, sweat doesnt bother it, plus its relatively cool and looks decent Had to add some antifreeze (vodka) to the lemonaide just to be sure it didnt freeze lol

Disclaimer... Please dont drink and drive the John Deere Kids!

And Please... no "wash me" comments.... the dirt is probably all thats hold this old mower together

Compress_20240701_123043_3949.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg