Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Schott 530 and Viberg x Huckberry horsebutt service boots

Schott 530 and Viberg x Huckberry.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Picked up some new trumans. Still not sure how I like their last compared to some other faves but giving them another shot
View attachment 637772

Nice boots. I like grained leather like that. Don't see it so often these days, but I always found it easier to break in, and never seemed to be prone to cracking with time across the top of the toes the way some smooth leathers can.

Thank you! It is navy blue Shinki horsehide.

Ah, Shinki! Looks very similar to the blue Vicenza. Got my eye on a blue jacket eventually....

veronica.smith

New in Town
In the fall and winter I usually wear service boots, I have black Dayton service boots and brown Chippewa x jcrew service boots, both of which are perfect. In the summer and spring I wear clarks desert boots, leather chuck taylors or Sperry boat shoes, Jack Irwin loafers for suiting up. I've got some suede Chelsea boots from frye for going out and some Alden shell cordovan wingtip dress boots for suiting up when it's too cold for the loafers. Huge timberland work boots for dirty work and beating around. Mini Ugg boots for loafing around the house, they're amazingly comfortable in winter or summer as slippers and awesome when you need to take the trash out and it's too wet or cold for conventional slippers.

Basically I've got my shoe game down to a science.
I don't know why but I love reading about your shoe collection, But jokes apart i think its great to have options.

cbez

One Too Many
spotted these for sale, somehow loving the two tone.

probably wont buy as I never have luck with engineer boots. I just like the feeling of snugly laced boots. and without facings or other details, I feel like they're sometimes boring to look at on your feet.
m82207643406_2.jpg
m82207643406_1.jpg

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
Ah, Shinki! Looks very similar to the blue Vicenza. Got my eye on a blue jacket eventually....

It is nice hide - I really like it. I wear the blue most of any jacket...it is not the usual, but it is surprisingly easy to wear with many different outfits and footwear choices.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
About to depart on my first trip abroad, Spain & UK, where I’ll finally be breaking in 2 deadstock items (jacket was worn but basically as new). Can’t wait to put miles on both, HH Buco and Endicott Johnson cap toes.

View attachment 637752

Out of sight. Game over combo. Friend, please take the time if to lubricate all the hardware on the jacket. The pencil approach is the best with your jacket. If you already did a good lubrication? Please slowly work the teeth and sliders and pulls slowly so that the graphite can work its way in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1