Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Deceptive wording on their website if they're manufacturing elsewhere.

"We are committed to expanding our British manufacturing and working with some of the finest material suppliers in the UK and around the world. LANX's commitment to British manufacturing extends beyond footwear; with socks made in Leicestershire, clothing sewn in Greater Manchester, and shoe boxes made in Lancashire."
Maybe they do offer some collections made in the UK?

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Crockett & Jones Connaught Oxfords.
20240701_152034.jpg
20240701_152010.jpg
20240701_152020.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
New whites…Why is it so hard? Im done…
View attachment 622393
What the crap?!

That's not even close to anything I would expect for Any PNW manufacturer or even an overseas-sourced Red Wings.

Granted Moc-Toe is a new venture for White's and none of mine have this design, honestly speaking I do not prefer it. However this is really shoddy. What model is this? And did you order it through Baker's Shoes in Oregon? That's a pretty good deal overall - better service & lead times, easier returns if needed, and an extra measure of QC along the way.

Psant25

One Too Many
What the crap?!

That's not even close to anything I would expect for Any PNW manufacturer or even an overseas-sourced Red Wings.

Granted Moc-Toe is a new venture for White's and none of mine have this design, honestly speaking I do not prefer it. However this is really shoddy. What model is this? And did you order it through Baker's Shoes in Oregon? That's a pretty good deal overall - better service & lead times, easier returns if needed, and an extra measure of QC along the way.
This was a stock model Perry moc toe distressed leather, picked it up from White’s direct during their sale.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
I took delivery of my much researched John Lofgren Engineers in natural CXL earlier today. Very nicely presented and packaged, smelt lovely, and constructed to an extremely high standard - but I couldn't get them on for the first 5 minutes of trying.

Thus ensued a potential nightmare scenario, where I couldn't get them on try on properly without some firm gripping and pulling, but I couldn't crease or otherwise mark them in case I wanted to send them back. I dug deep, and with my father's oft-repeated phrase that 'nothing good comes without hard work' at the forefront of my mind, I persevered and managed to get them both on.

As soon as they were on I immediately knew I was going to keep them, they were supremely comfortable, they fit exactly how I wanted them to (a little heel slip but nothing too much) and looked extremely cool - if, at this early stage, a little (well, a lot actually)anaemic what with them being brand new natural CXL. Fingers crossed they will darken up a bit in the sun and with just general wear.

I went with as US 11.5, so one half size down from my brannock measurement and, despite the initial issue with getting the buggers on, the feel really really great. They're pretty spendy, and Ive certainly never considered laying out so much on footwear before, but I'm really happy. Thanks for the sizing tips from earlier in this thread, here's a few first 30 minutes pics for anyone interested.

PXL_20240702_093127224.jpg
PXL_20240702_093156391.jpg
PXL_20240702_100504290.jpg
PXL_20240702_100837049.jpg
PXL_20240702_101049024.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I took delivery of my much researched John Lofgren Engineers in natural CXL earlier today. Very nicely presented and packaged, smelt lovely, and constructed to an extremely high standard - but I couldn't get them on for the first 5 minutes of trying.

Thus ensued a potential nightmare scenario, where I couldn't get them on try on properly without some firm gripping and pulling, but I couldn't crease or otherwise mark them in case I wanted to send them back. I dug deep, and with my father's oft-repeated phrase that 'nothing good comes without hard work' at the forefront of my mind, I persevered and managed to get them both on.

As soon as they were on I immediately knew I was going to keep them, they were supremely comfortable, they fit exactly how I wanted them to (a little heel slip but nothing too much) and looked extremely cool - if, at this early stage, a little (well, a lot actually)anaemic what with them being brand new natural CXL. Fingers crossed they will darken up a bit in the sun and with just general wear.

I went with as US 11.5, so one half size down from my brannock measurement and, despite the initial issue with getting the buggers on, the feel really really great. They're pretty spendy, and Ive certainly never considered laying out so much on footwear before, but I'm really happy. Thanks for the sizing tips from earlier in this thread, here's a few first 30 minutes pics for anyone interested.

View attachment 624507 View attachment 624508 View attachment 624509 View attachment 624511 View attachment 624510

Congrats on a pair of supernice boots! IMO the nicest pair of Engineers around.

This is exactly the style that I tried on in a variety of sizes but couldn´t make to fit. The ones that would have fit, I couldn´t slip on, the ones I managed to get on were too large. Glad you made it work!

lina

Practically Family

View attachment 624511
They look great… And in a year will look even greater! Very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az