Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I have a new pair of John Lofgrens. Last night someone spilled a beer on them and now their are darkened spots in the leather.

Is there a way to get rid of these or will these naturally fade / even out with time?

IMG_7630.jpeg

Olumin

New in Town
I have a vintage 50s fedora which doesn't fit quite right. Mostly because I'm a long oval and the hat is a regular oval. When I press on the sides of the hat while its on my head, it fits a lot more comfortably.

Is it possible to change a regular into a long oval? I believe the reed is wooden, if that helps.

Is it possible to change a regular into a long oval? I believe the reed is wooden, if that helps.
Yes, to a degree. You’ll need a hat jack/stretcher, a source of steam and some patience. You’ll be elongating the hat, so you’ll want to move slowly to protect that reed and to keep from distorting the brim. Only use steam on the outside of the hat, keeping it away from the leather sweat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az