Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Footwear to go with our jackets

Psant25

One Too Many
Bad QC for sure, but I'm almost 100% certain if you send them this picture they'll make it right.
Yep have a return label already and gonna refund. just bad luck lately dont wanna risk another bad pair. I might just grab a pair of thorogood moc toes or keep trying my local RW store for a solid pair of mocs, chelsea, IRs maybe.

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Yep have a return label already and gonna refund. just bad luck lately dont wanna risk another bad pair. I might just grab a pair of thorogood moc toes or keep trying my local RW store for a solid pair of mocs, chelsea, IRs maybe.
I have a black pair of the RedWing moc toe boots. I like them a lot!
Bummer about your White’s though. I hope you find a good pair of something.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
This seems like it might be the right thread to see if anyone can help me with sizing advice for John Lofgren CXL Engineers. Do they fit large, small or true to size ? Thanks for any help

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Trickers Stow in suede.
20240624_114152.jpg
20240624_114204.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
This seems like it might be the right thread to see if anyone can help me with sizing advice for John Lofgren CXL Engineers. Do they fit large, small or true to size ? Thanks for any help

I tried a pair beginning of this year, and they fit more or less true to size. Maybe size up 0,5, but that’s about it.
The thing that didn’t work for me was the super narrow instep. I just couldn’t get them on unless I’d size up at least 1,5 sizes.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
This seems like it might be the right thread to see if anyone can help me with sizing advice for John Lofgren CXL Engineers. Do they fit large, small or true to size ? Thanks for any helpIn

@Tom71 amazing how different our experiences were. In my experience length = 1 smaller than brannock. Generous in the instep.
I have low volume feet. Almost no engineers work. Oddly several western boots do

Observe

One Too Many
Size 13 running shoe, size 12 JL engineer. I found the instep loose and also had them feel narrow up front. I don't think my feet work for engineer or other slip on boots, though.

BloodEagle

A-List Customer
Some interesting perspectives to think over there - thanks a lot guys. I do struggle with actually getting my feet into boots which otherwise fit OK, so the instep issue may or may not be a factor to consider - Im going to order some a size down from my regular and (carefully, should I need to return) see how I get on.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Some interesting perspectives to think over there - thanks a lot guys. I do struggle with actually getting my feet into boots which otherwise fit OK, so the instep issue may or may not be a factor to consider - Im going to order some a size down from my regular and (carefully, should I need to return) see how I get on.

Let us know how it works for you.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
@Tom71 amazing how different our experiences were. In my experience length = 1 smaller than brannock. Generous in the instep.
I have low volume feet. Almost no engineers work. Oddly several western boots do

Yes, you did mention that.

I even had to size up in the Bright Shoemakers Engineers, and they are pretty voluminous. Here too, the instep was a huge problem.
The Wesco "Mr Lou" is a perfect fit for me. In and out without even touching the adjusters and yet they wear like a glove.

Western Boots have never been an issue for me, even without the "plastic bag trick". odd indeed...

barnabus

One Too Many
Has anyone heard of Lanx Shoes?

Shoes and boots made in Britain, with some lovely traditional designs and a not-too-painful price point.

lanx-bamber-brown-distressed-goodyear-welted-boots-1.png

I'd be interested to hear if they're as good as they look.

Harris HTM

One Too Many

Shoes and boots made in Britain, with some lovely traditional designs and a not-too-painful price point.

View attachment 623710

Just checked them, based on their price I have some doubts whether they are really made in Britain

Harris HTM

One Too Many

View attachment 623710

yep, the pair you posted at least they are not made in the UK.
1719597118399.png
1719597118399.png

Psant25

One Too Many
Stopped by my local RW shop and my faith has been partially restored. They had some new 1907s in my size that passed inspection. Put a little mink oil on to darken them up / smooth them out and i am ready to roll
IMG_2605.jpeg

barnabus

One Too Many
yep, the pair you posted at least they are not made in the UK.
View attachment 623714 View attachment 623714

Deceptive wording on their website if they're manufacturing elsewhere.

"We are committed to expanding our British manufacturing and working with some of the finest material suppliers in the UK and around the world. LANX's commitment to British manufacturing extends beyond footwear; with socks made in Leicestershire, clothing sewn in Greater Manchester, and shoe boxes made in Lancashire."

TLW '90

Practically Family
my new custom shop Jim Green Vellies just arrived a today.
20240628_144439.jpg

20240628_144518.jpg

I'm not one to nitpick over tiny details so maybe my opinion doesn't mean much, but I have been extremely happy with the F&F they put out.
Just as I've seen in some of their videos lately they seem to be running their sanding drums a little too long before replacing them because there's a little burning to the edge finishing but it doesn't bother me at all.

jeo

One Too Many

I’m a 7 in most brands. I have a pair of the Lofgren m43 in a size 7. They fit great. I needed a 6.5 in their engineers.

I’d go a half a size down from your usual size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg