Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
Very interesting, thank you!
I have a couple of AMF jackets too, they are decent, but smell like mass produced goods!
I collect vintage archery recurves, and in 1969 AMF also bought the Wing Archery Company. It started in a garage in Houston Texas, Bob Lee was making bows for himself and his buddies in the 50’s.
He sold to Head Ski Company in the mid 60s and stayed on as the head manager until the AMF purchase in 1969.
American Machine and Foundry was EVERYWHERE. Snarfing up businesses, “streamlining” them, making a ton of profit until word got out about the drop in quality.
They probably weren’t the first big corporation doing this, but they sure do crop up an awful lot. :mad:

cbez

One Too Many
Block Bilt 18” p2p

Neat back design.

Is the shoulder moldy or just worn top coat?

Al 916

One Too Many
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26689039...hash=item3e23e84f8b:g:OfgAAOSwfQtmhqbv&edge=0

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 17.20.46.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Neat back design.

Is the shoulder moldy or just worn top coat?
I agree, issues with the upper arm and shoulder. Does not look good. I have a similar Block in Steerhide that has had some mods.

I typically stay away from these issues. I'm not sure anything can be done to repair these sensitive areas.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1