Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

Viking752

Practically Family
The seller "Axxman" of this jacket has quite the collection, listed on ebay currently. He is very responsive & gets right back to you when/if you have any questions. I don't think he is on FL, but that's a little surprising as many jackets as he buys & sells.
Agreed, I have bought 2-3 jackets from him over the last few years. Easy to work with and very fair. He buys a lot of these bigger sizes for his personal collection, he and I wear the 50-52 ones So it’s worked out good for me.

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Probably a buyee link somewhere, and I'm not familiar with the brand at all, but the leather seems pretty cool on this.

1726285844542.png
1726285861517.png

jchance

One of the Regulars

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Yes, there are undone seams on this RP, and the leather is not in top notch condition either.
I did not check too much the photos, as the jacket is too small for me anyway.
It''s necessary to check everything. There is an other jacket that I found and I am wondering if it's a Seattle Woolen ; it's not in great condition, but not too pricey and it interests me , any idea ?
1726344859132.png

1726344876840.png

1726344893570.png

jeo

One Too Many
Yes, there are undone seams on this RP, and the leather is not in top notch condition either.
I did not check too much the photos, as the jacket is too small for me anyway.
It''s necessary to check everything. There is an other jacket that I found and I am wondering if it's a Seattle Woolen ; it's not in great condition, but not too pricey and it interests me , any idea ?
View attachment 639790
View attachment 639793
View attachment 639794
Yes, Seattle Woolen. @semolina_pilchard posted his recently in the wjayt thread.

jeo

One Too Many

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Ralphs Pugh. In bad shape. S/M. Low starting bid.

View attachment 639817 View attachment 639818
What indicates to you this is a Ralphs-Pugh jacket?

jeo

One Too Many
What indicates to you this is a Ralphs-Pugh jacket?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Excellent! I bid on that jacket just before I saw your post. It stood out from the crowd and has a Sunrise zipper.

Have you thought the "Levi" jacket I sold you is actually a Ralphs-Pugh? I'm going to study those pictures. I know it has the same buckles.

edit: no different buckles just looked at the pictures. Wow, forgot what a cool jacket that is.

jeo

One Too Many
Excellent! I bid on that jacket just before I saw your post. It stood out from the crowd and has a Sunrise zipper.

Have you thought the "Levi" jacket I sold you is actually a Ralphs-Pugh? I'm going to study those pictures. I know it has the same buckles.

edit: no different buckles just looked at the pictures. Wow, forgot what a cool jacket that is.
It’s one of my favorite and most prized jackets. I don’t think it was made by RP.

Pretty sure Levi’s had multiple manufacturers make jackets for them.

Levis has a San Francisco connection with Ralphs Pugh and Block Bilt. I’ve seen similarities to Block Bilt but bot really to RP.

California Sportswear is also a likely maker. The cuff design on many Levi’s look like CSC cuffs. Pocket welts too.

Levi’s aviator.

IMG_9263.jpeg
IMG_9262.jpeg

My California Sportswear aviator. Not identical but note the similar hercules-esque back designs with the french seams on both.

IMG_4035.jpeg

This Levi’s looks like a Block Bilt.

IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0162.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
It’s one of my favorite and most prized jackets. I don’t think it was made by RP.

Pretty sure Levi’s had multiple manufacturers make jackets for them.

Levis has a San Francisco connection with Ralphs Pugh and Block Bilt. I’ve seen similarities to Block Bilt but bot really to RP.

California Sportswear is also a likely maker. The cuff design on many Levi’s look like CSC cuffs. Pocket welts too.

Levi’s aviator.

View attachment 639891 View attachment 639892

My California Sportswear aviator. Not identical but note the similar hercules-esque back designs with the french seams on both.

View attachment 639898

This Levi’s looks like a Block Bilt.

View attachment 639893 View attachment 639894 View attachment 639896
Wow! Never seen these jackets. I love that lining!

Reactions: jeo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1