Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jeo

One Too Many
This looks suspect to me. @tmitchell59 @jeo
I agree, looks suspect. You can see previous stitch holes on the label. It’s been reattached. I’ve seen this kind of lining on an RP before (I believe on one of @Bonasera ‘s jackets) but if you look at the cuffs it looks like this lining may have been a replacement. Usually RP jackets don’t have plain backs like this and I’ve never seen one with a two way pocket. It also doesn’t really look like the steerhide I’m used to seeing on RP jackets, but I’d only be able to truly tell if I had it in hand.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I agree, looks suspect. You can see previous stitch holes on the label. It’s been reattached. I’ve seen this kind of lining on an RP before (I believe on one of @Bonasera ‘s jackets) but if you look at the cuffs it looks like this lining may have been a replacement. Usually RP jackets don’t have plain backs like this and I’ve never seen one with a two way pocket. It also doesn’t really look like the steerhide I’m used to seeing on RP jackets, but I’d only be able to truly tell if I had it in hand.
Sounds about right to me. I do have this lining on a RP. Never seen a Ralphs-Pugh jacket in a Civilian A2 style, certainly a very popular style , which makes sense they would offer such a style.

Restitching a loose label is not unheard of, but I don't see the lining wear that would indicate wear.

It doesn't have the look in leather or construction of a RP jacket.

The re stitch on the zipper, the color, is most unappealing. The wear on the shoulder is death to me., RP or not. I would like the label!

Bonasera

One of the Regulars

Sounds about right to me. I do have this lining on a RP. Never seen a Ralphs-Pugh jacket in a Civilian A2 style, certainly a very popular style , which makes sense they would offer such a style.

Restitching a loose label is not unheard of, but I don't see the lining wear that would indicate wear.

It doesn't have the look in leather or construction of a RP jacket.

The re stitch on the zipper, the color, is most unappealing. The wear on the shoulder is death to me., RP or not. I would like the label!

My RP jacket has similar lining though the pitch width of the stripe is a bit different.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Vanson at 250€ from France Vinted
I don't understand what kind of photos are these...

1726135953.jpeg

cbez

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1