Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Let's try not to act like curmudgeons or pretend the world ended in 1955.

%20j-preview-certificate-900pxwide_zpsodvfl7d6.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I remember reading here it was made by Gibson and Barnes. Looks like an A-2 but with the Luftwaffe arm pockets. Russet horse it looks like. Probably a custom job.

Last edited:

tmak

New in Town
House of Cards - Frank Underwood A-2, i can't tell but it looks maybe current issue? there are better eyes and experts then me on here

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I remember reading here it was made by Gibson and Barnes. Looks like an A-2 but with the Luftwaffe arm pockets. Russet horse it looks like. Probably a custom job.

I don't recall that. It doesn't look like Gibson and Barnes to me but it certainly is baggy enough to be one.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I don't recall that. It doesn't look like Gibson and Barnes to me but it certainly is baggy enough to be one.

If that is the case, it was ordered two sizes too large. I wear anything from a 38R to a 42R. My G&B A-2 fits perfectly.

It is not a G&B. The collar gives it away.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
If that is the case, it was ordered two sizes too large. I wear anything from a 38R to a 42R. My G&B A-2 fits perfectly.

It is not a G&B. The collar gives it away.

I suspect that if Harry had to order a G&B he would have to order a jacket a size or two smaller than his usual size for it to fit. But sadly from looking at what he wears, he is one of those older guys who wears baggy jackets, perhaps a hangover from his acting roles. After all the Indy jacket looks baggy and too large for him too.

How did this happen?

1145829-indiana_jones_head_2_head1255395431.jpg

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
It appears that the "over-sized" look was fashionable (Trendy?) during the Indiana Jones Trilogy. I too am guilty of always buying a size "L", when my real size was "M".

Corrected that mistake now as I buy medium sizes.

Stand By

One Too Many
I say go with the second patch too - more iconic of the P-51 era too. Nice font, love the checks and it looks more like a P-51 restoration project patch to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stand By

One Too Many
Oops! TXFlyGuy is on the other thread ! I just saw it there … Right guy, other thread. More speed, less haste. Doh!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
TXFlyGuy, pauleway, and Stand By - I think you should delete your political posts. They are ignorant, uninformed, and totally off-topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe