Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous Fedora Lovers

T Rick

Practically Family
It happens every so occasionally. Some of our member responses to that same spam in another thread were worse than the spam itself.
Probably happens a lot more often than any of us realize. But the Moderator Staff undoubtedly zaps them before most of us see them.

For the record, the best remedy isn't to discuss or (especially!) to quote them, but rather hit that little triangle button on the lower left of every post. It's the report post button, and will immediately notify the Moderator Staff 9not just RBH, but the pretty much the whole team) of the issue. It will be dealt with most quickly if you do that (the Mods can't be in every thread all the time, we can help by adding our eyes ;)).

job

One Too Many
capone2.jpg

This is a Gangsta hat!

Last edited:

13Irishsailors

New in Town
I don't know if you guys have ever heard of Pa Kettle from a show called Ma and Pa Kettle but he always wore some kinda Bowler style hat! I wish I could figure out how to post a picture!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
http://hatworksbypaul.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/obama-swell-attitude-gaultier-miss-janet/
obama-smiles.jpg

Last but not least, the Obama news. Maybe some of you read our blog a few weeks ago where it was mentioned in the Chronicle that we gifted a hat to the President while he was in town, and that a photo had been taken but it had to go through a lot of red tape before we could get it. Well, we got it! We’re so excited about it, because he looks fantastic. Maybe presidents will start wearing hats again, take that JFK. He looks great, he claimed he’d wear it frequently if he was reelected for a second term, we’ll see what happens.

Looks like the ladies at Paul's Hat Works got Pres. Obama in a fedora. I think that qualifies for this thread. :cool:

The many hats of Carlos Gardel

The iconic image with his trademark gray fedora (1933)
4750992.jpg

circa 1934
Carlos+Gardel.jpg

2102959834_6e3fa8f60b_o.jpg

Medellin, Colombia: One of the last pictures taken of him. (1935)
gardel1935.jpg

images

Gardel also favored DB vests as he can be seen in a number of images wearing them.
CarlosGardel.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
John Schneider Likes Hats!!

I met John Schneider today (Dukes of Hazzard, Smallville, and a host of other roles). He came in to my store and I helped answer a few questions. Man, what a cool dude! I get to meet a lot of celebrities in my line of work, and I have to say that he is one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met. He was incredibly friendly, easy going, and laid back. No frills at all. It was a real pleasure to have him in our store. He told me he liked my hat, and it turns out HE'S A HAT GUY, TOO!! :thumb:

He had went to the Dobbs store in the '90s when it was still open and bought some hats. Then he showed me his custom Western hat and a cool tweed cap. It was fun to talk to him, because he showed a lot of excitement for his hats. I told him that he needs to visit The Fedora Lounge!! :cool:

In the store...

BA62B789.jpg

With vintage hats [and vintage cap]...

783BE674.jpg

BE179A7E.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads