Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hey, who rated this thread a one out of five? :confused:

They wanted me to do a study on the human behavior involved from within the progression of balance between fact and humor....so far, it looks to me you are winning 5 stars........weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! hahahahahlol!

Oh I have to add a Hello, in case you did not recognize me wearing my reading glasses, I am Hugh....Hugh Hefner.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
two things. One.. I've owned two CRX's in my life. Both fantastic cars. One an 1985 HF version that got 49 MPG with over 200K on the motor. Let me repeat that, 49 MPG back in 1985. What's your car get?

He is allowed to have an opinion on cars he does not like - And as I recall, he was talking about the style, not the specs.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
My problem was with the rice. What's your opinion on that C-Dot? I noticed you left off that part of the quote...

You had two problems. The first one, the one I quoted, doesn't mention rice.

In response to your astute observation, I'm not familiar with the expression, so I don't have an opinion. I've often used rice to soak up leaking motor oil or gasoline, for what that's worth.

PoohBang

Suspended
You had two problems. The first one, the one I quoted, doesn't mention rice.

In response to your astute observation, I'm not familiar with the expression, so I don't have an opinion. I've often used rice to soak up leaking motor oil or gasoline, for what that's worth.

I don't have any "Problems."

I'll be more specific since you're unfamiliar with the term "Rice Burner" Referring to any Asain (japanese) made car.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I don't have any "Problems."

I'll be more specific since you're unfamiliar with the term "Rice Burner" Referring to any Asain (japanese) made car.

For some informational feedback, the term used in respects to a car, motorcycle or anything else attached to the words, rice, or rice burner, does not designate a slur or racial agenda against anyone that would or would not be "oriental", it is not aimed at a "person"....but then if someone would have some issues on how they use what is called, "thought processing", I can see how they could have a "run away mind". Fortunately the majority of individuals do not suffer from that sort of affliction, it seems to strike very few.....

Justin B

One Too Many
I happen to own a "Rice burner" PB. Term doesn't offend me at all. Your attitude however is starting to. I'm a generally happy go-lucky fella, but your constant fault finding and condescending manner is starting to chap my hide. I'm all for a pleasent discussion and even some spirited debate, but you are crossing the line. Enough is enough.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
For some informational feedback, the term used in respects to a car, motorcycle or anything else attached to the words, rice, or rice burner, does not designate a slur or racial agenda against anyone that would or would not be "oriental", it is not aimed at a "person"....but then if someone would have some issues on how they use what is called, "thought processing", I can see how they could have a "run away mind". Fortunately the majority of individuals do not suffer from that sort of affliction, it seems to strike very few.....

And now to quote a line from Gone with the Wind...."frankly my dear, I don't give a .....!

PoohBang

Suspended
No?

But I digress. Thank-you for explaining the term to me.

You don't have a problem with pejorative connotations, you're trying to start a fight. Nobody is fooled.

I'm not looking for a "Fight" Just pointing out the term. It's stuff like this that makes this place what it is...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I find it very odd, that one could be having a smashing good time, and out of the blue, someone wants to drop a stick of dynamite into the works, as if anyone needs to have the fuse lit! I find a possible "cause and effects" for it to happen, and it may be either dysfunctional personality disorder, or some plain old well planned sneak attacks....but what ever the case may be, I can only say.......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! lolololo!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm not looking for a "Fight" Just pointing out the term. It's stuff like this that makes this place what it is...

Seems you do not observe, you are the only one putting your finger into the pudding and complaining about it...no one else has the need to wash their hands at this time.

The "Rice Burner" discussion reminds me a bit of some people I knew who were motorcycle (read Harley) buffs. They would often disparage Japanese bikes but then I came to find out that their Harley was usually the weekend bike while during the week the "rice burner" was for commuting and everyday use. lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun