Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I happen to own a "Rice burner" PB. Term doesn't offend me at all. Your attitude however is starting to. I'm a generally happy go-lucky fella, but your constant fault finding and condescending manner is starting to chap my hide. I'm all for a pleasent discussion and even some spirited debate, but you are crossing the line. Enough is enough.

Really...I think for the most part, to simply enjoy doing the tango or foxtrot would keep a person's mind and body rather fit, don't you agree?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The "Rice Burner" discussion reminds me a bit of some people I knew who were motorcycle (read Harley) buffs. They would often disparage Japanese bikes but then I came to find out that their Harley was usually the weekend bike while during the week the "rice burner" was for commuting. lol

Yes indeed....as on the honeymooner show, "and away we go"!

PoohBang

Suspended
I happen to own a "Rice burner" PB. Term doesn't offend me at all. Your attitude however is starting to. I'm a generally happy go-lucky fella, but your constant fault finding and condescending manner is starting to chap my hide. I'm all for a pleasent discussion and even some spirited debate, but you are crossing the line. Enough is enough.

are you asian? Owning a japanese car doesn't quite justify "not being offended"

so let's do what you suggest. Let's have a spirited debate on the use of racially charged terms. I'll begin.

I say it's not a good thing to do. You counter...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm not familiar with this expression either, in reference to anything, cars or otherwise. I'll have to look it up!

Seconds later...I get it now!
X
BD

It is like someone claiming I would hate someone that works in a dough factory because I would make fun of the "pillsbury dough boy"...which really, just is not going to happen.....( I actually love the lil rascal)! hahahaha lol!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

so let's do what you suggest. Let's have a spirited debate on the use of racially charged terms. I'll begin.

You are inviting a rock tossing session, and guess what, it won't wash here.

Justin B

One Too Many

I say it's better not to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

No one was actually offended. Had there been anyone offended we'd have made our apologies and then moved on like the adults that we are.

Stop being a rabble-rouser. Find a subject that is constructive or positive.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Sometimes I suspect I am clairvoyant - I knew my question would be ignored!!

Gentleman, you've handled yourselves predictably well. Is it too early for afternoon cocktails? ;)

Last edited:

PoohBang

Suspended
I say it's better not to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

No one was actually offended. Had there been anyone offended we'd have made our apologies and then moved on like the adults that we are.

Stop being a rabble-rouser. Find a subject that is constructive or positive.

So you agree "Rice Burner" is a in appropriate term to use as it's offensive to Asians?

and C, I'm not ignoring you.

Sometimes I suspect I am clairvoyant - I knew my question would be ignored!!

Gentleman, you've handled yourselves predictably well. Is it too early for afternoon cocktails? ;)

Pick one:
:D
cocktails.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun