Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I hate to say this, but I do brake for those little devils. However, there are some drivers that are around where I have my home up north, that will do all they can to run them over.

They are so lucky I wasn't in my car when this happened: There is a chestnut tree in front of my parent's house, and when the chestnuts fall off the tree, they are encased in this green, spiky shell. When I still lived there, I jogged across the lawn barefoot one time to berate the recycling man for not taking my stuff (the second week in a row, that's another rant) and one of those &%$#@ things impaled my foot! The little creeps are supposed to eat those, not leave them there to cause me excessive bloodshed!!

I'm trying to decide if it would be better to not brake, and contribute to the evolutionary process of eliminating the dumb ones from the gene pool, or if it would be better to brake to save their lives since the darn things are too smart already.

My father advocates the former ("They're overpopulated anyway") and I wrestle with the latter. There is a considerable amount of evil cooked up in those furballs' pea brains. I'm not certain they do die under car tires, I think they rise again to exact their revenge.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Oh yes, especially if you're like me and have a penchant for shoes that cost as much as LMH2's wife's hair costs lol
Hahaha! Actually, most of the shoes or boots I own have had some hefty price tags to them. My Wife maybe owns 40 pairs of shoes in total. I perhaps own closer to 200 pairs. I have been trying to sell off some that I just do not ever wear, but so far not much action in selling any of them.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
They are so lucky I wasn't in my car when this happened: There is a chestnut tree in front of my parent's house, and when the chestnuts fall off the tree, they are encased in this green, spiky shell. When I still lived there, I jogged across the lawn barefoot one time to berate the recycling man for not taking my stuff (the second week in a row, that's another rant) and one of those &%$#@ things impaled my foot! The little creeps are supposed to eat those, not leave them there to cause me excessive bloodshed!
'

The chesnut situation is all over where I am at in my downstate home right now, and it seems the critters are not paying too much attention to packing them up for winter storage! But there are those little "spinner" seeds all over and it appears the "tree terrorist" prefer them to anything else!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The chesnut situation is all over where I am at in my downstate home right now, and it seems the critters are not paying too much attention to packing them up for winter storage! But there are those little "spinner" seeds all over and it appears the "tree terrorist" prefer them to anything else!

You see, they give the appearance of no common sense by not storing the larger chestnuts, but they're actually plotting by leaving them dangerously lying around. 'Round here, they're more interested in the abundant acorns. Those little so-and-sos...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Squirrels don't bother me in the slightest; I run them right over without a thought. It's deer that are the pain in the a$$.

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
I would trade praying mantis' anyday for the bleepin' squirrels. We are overrun with the beggars. If anyone remembers that Geico commercial with the squirrel running in front of the car, making it swerve, and then giving props to his hell raising squirrel buddy, BELIEVE IT. Every day those fuzzy mongrels see my car approaching and proceed to dash out in front of it. A few weeks ago, one dashed out and *sat there*. No amount of honking or revving the engine would make it move, but when I got out of the car, it ran for the hills. Don't they have any common sense? Don't they know a 4000lb vehicle will do more damage to it than I could??

Wait, so you're saying you don't like squirrels? Hah!

4,000 pound vehicle? What do you drive? My 61 is only 3500 and it's bigger than a lot of cars.

We have something far worse. They're called birds...and what comes along with them...
The little old lady that lives next door decided they were so cute she must put out a maze of feeders for each and every known type that flies. Now they flock and roost in my bushes and trees. When I walk out the back door..they scatter in droves...of course marking their escape. HATE EM..!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
We have something far worse. They're called birds... ..!

tumblr_lcn7p1iuCc1qf1irgo1_500.gif

A couple years ago..I had hope. My Son and I pulled into the driveway..and a young huge RedTail hawk was sitting on our privacy fence. Now THAT'S a cool bird! Shortly after that I walked out the french doors and he swooped widewinged through the back yard on the hunt(scared me to death)! He seems to stake out the flocks and give chase. However...I got to figuring...he'd need to grab about 50 a day to even put a dent in the little seed eating bastards....:mad:

rue

I wouldn't worry about the praying mantis. I see those sometimes. But six? Were they smoking little cigarettes and wearing fedoras? Maybe they just meet there to talk about their wives.

lol no, but I'd like to see that :p

I would trade praying mantis' anyday for the bleepin' squirrels. We are overrun with the beggars. If anyone remembers that Geico commercial with the squirrel running in front of the car, making it swerve, and then giving props to his hell raising squirrel buddy, BELIEVE IT. Every day those fuzzy mongrels see my car approaching and proceed to dash out in front of it. A few weeks ago, one dashed out and *sat there*. No amount of honking or revving the engine would make it move, but when I got out of the car, it ran for the hills. Don't they have any common sense? Don't they know a 4000lb vehicle will do more damage to it than I could??

Yes, they just wanted to see you get out of the car :p

rue

No...I think you would have an angel wearing a fedora instead of the halo. You are far too nice for anything less.

Amen to that :D

For some reason I thought it was the female Praying Mantis that we usually see (the males having been "done-in" after their job was done).

These aren't very big so they could be male babies?

Squirrels don't bother me in the slightest; I run them right over without a thought. It's deer that are the pain in the a$$.

:eeek:

Hey, I don't claim to know the problems of anybodys life. Maybe they're unhappy they can't find a female to eat them alive. I have some friends who've lined up for this themselves.

:rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth