Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

dnjan

One Too Many
So Rue - how do you use that boardreader site to check on busybodies (I mean significant contributors) on other sites?

Hahaha! How kind of you, you clearly don't know me that well ;) lol Of course, I jest!

No...I think you would have an angel wearing a fedora instead of the halo. You are far too nice for anything less.

My Merc breaks the 4,000 lb mark, at 4,020. C-dot, you drive a Grand Am or something similar, correct? Right around 3,050 depending on the year.

Wait, so you're saying you don't like squirrels? Hah!

4,000 pound vehicle? What do you drive? My 61 is only 3500 and it's bigger than a lot of cars.

I never run over squirrels. I do hunt them, because they are delicious, though!

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
We're you at the Art Deco festival on the Queen Mary? Did you see our famous Marc Chevalier?

I didn't, but I saw him in pictures I believe on the ADSLA website. :)

It's funny when you go to an event. I am so absorbed with the whole atmosphere that I forget to look at the people. Or when you see a person, you either believe you're eyes are playing tricks on you or they look a bit different in person. lol! Although there are some people that I see all the time at these kinds of events. I don't know their names though. One lady that pretty much goes to all the events, I keep bumping into. I saw her at a restaurant in South Pasadena. I saw her at the antique shop in Pasadena. I bumped into her again in Burbank at a vintage shop. Don't know her name, but I wish I got to know her better. :)

rue

I didn't, but I saw him in pictures I believe on the ADSLA website. :)

It's funny when you go to an event. I am so absorbed with the whole atmosphere that I forget to look at the people. Or when you see a person, you either believe you're eyes are playing tricks on you or they look a bit different in person. lol! Although there are some people that I see all the time at these kinds of events. I don't know their names though. One lady that pretty much goes to all the events, I keep bumping into. I saw her at a restaurant in South Pasadena. I saw her at the antique shop in Pasadena. I bumped into her again in Burbank at a vintage shop. Don't know her name, but I wish I got to know her better. :)

I think you two are meant to be friends if you keep running into her :)

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Ahem... changing subject......

I have about 6 praying mantises outside my window right now.... is that some sort of omen?? :eeek: lol

I had heard that praying mantises are good luck. You must be really lucky! :D After I drove to work one time, I noticed this praying mantis hanging on to my car. I named him Fred and gave him to one of my co-workers who was going to give it to a friend of hers for a pet. She had told me a story that her friend once had a praying mantis for a pet and she let it out for a walk and it never came back. lol lol lol

dnjan

One Too Many
I have this nasty saltwater aquarium habit that also consumes some of my web time, and I was thinking of checking on a couple of people there.

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
It does seem that here at the Lounge most people have one of three primary interests regarding the Golden Era: 1) Fashions, 2) Music, and 3) History. I always thought it would be neat to have symbols next to our name and avatar signifying what our interests are. Perhaps a fedora to signify fashion, a musical note or saxophone for music, and some appropriate symbol for history.

That sounds like me! :D

rue

I had heard that praying mantises are good luck. You must be really lucky! :D After I drove to work one time, I noticed this praying mantis hanging on to my car. I named him Fred and gave him to one of my co-workers who was going to give it to a friend of hers for a pet. She had told me a story that her friend once had a praying mantis for a pet and she let it out for a walk and it never came back. lol lol lol

lol I named the first one I saw George, but then he brought his friends and I couldn't tell them apart :p

Justin B

One Too Many
I have this nasty saltwater aquarium habit that also consumes some of my web time, and I was thinking of checking on a couple of people there.

I know what that's like. I keep saying I won't do it again, but the tank and equipment are still sitting there staring at me accusingly...

Best of luck.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tom knows that I brake for squirrels too! lol You should hear me in the car, "NO! NO! NO! Don't run into the street!" lol

I once breaked (broke?) for a frog. I had this 3 month period in my life in which I swear to god, every damned song bird in a 100 mile radius dive bombed my car while I was driving. If I was lucky, they just did their business on my hood/windshield and went on. If I wasn't so lucky, they didn't pull up in time and my car overtook them, even when I slammed on my breaks. :( Poor birdies. It actually made me afraid to drive, because I always ended up hitting one of them at least once a week. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth