Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Well I was from a big East Coast city (so not those sorts of prices at all, even for tear downs) and I still can't get over Australian real estate prices. However, the upside is, if we sell this not-fancy 2-bedroom apartment for what we paid... we can get a real house in most of the US, even my hometown, just not NYC or CA type prices.

And I can finally have a garden! With veggies and some fruit trees if I wedge the trees in with a shoehorn!

(And some guns, which my husband finds utterly repellant and points out women can usually be bought off with jewelry or shoes...)

Well, I like you all the more, knowing you're a gun fan lol

Well I was from a big East Coast city (so not those sorts of prices at all, even for tear downs) and I still can't get over Australian real estate prices. However, the upside is, if we sell this not-fancy 2-bedroom apartment for what we paid... we can get a real house in most of the US, even my hometown, just not NYC or CA type prices.

And I can finally have a garden! With veggies and some fruit trees if I wedge the trees in with a shoehorn!

(And some guns, which my husband finds utterly repellant and points out women can usually be bought off with jewelry or shoes...)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Nothing very fancy. I have a list of what I want and it won't set too many hearts a-flutter, aside from mine... my husband and I have an agreement I won't spend more on guns than he does on an entertainment system (which is a flatscreen and stuff, *siiiigh,* not a tube radio to be seen...) and since making that deal I have NEVER seen a man cheap on his own TV so bad. lol

I own 8 TV's give or take and haven't paid a penny for any of them lol I'm about due to buy a new gun. Glad I get them at wholesale!

Nothing very fancy. I have a list of what I want and it won't set too many hearts a-flutter, aside from mine... my husband and I have an agreement I won't spend more on guns than he does on an entertainment system (which is a flatscreen and stuff, *siiiigh,* not a tube radio to be seen...) and since making that deal I have NEVER seen a man cheap on his own TV so bad. lol

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I did not, but it was a small fixer-upper!

I was putting in an offer on a 4 bed, 2 bath, 1800 sq foot house in a great neighborhood, actually around the corner from where I used to live, they were asking 35,000 and I was going to offer 25,000, they usually will take a low-ball on a foreclosure. Got bought out from under me, though. I was a day late and a dollar short. Story of my life lol

Seriously, there are many places right now that have houses for sale that do not cost too much, but, in most of those area's, there is NO work....

Seriously, there are many places right now that have houses for sale that do not cost too much, but, in most of those area's, there is NO work....

Agreed. Living in California, I've frequently had discussions with friends about the pros and cons of moving out of state and it seems that while houses are much cheaper in many parts of the country than here, the downside is jobs are often harder to find (even in the best of times) and it's generally the utility bills that get you: heating bill in the winter and electric bill in the summer. I don't have A/C and have never felt the need for it here in CA. Though I've always liked Arizona and wouldn't mind moving there ...watch out, Rue! :D

rue

Agreed. Living in California, I've frequently had discussions with friends about the pros and cons of moving out of state and it seems that while houses are much cheaper in many parts of the country than here, the downside is jobs are often harder to find (even in the best of times) and it's generally the utility bills that get you: heating bill in the winter and electric bill in the summer. I don't have A/C and have never felt the need for it here in CA. Though I've always liked Arizona and wouldn't mind moving there ...watch out, Rue! :D

HA! I'd be happy to have you here V.C. Move to northern AZ and you'll be a happy man .... four..... count em... four seasons :D

Off to bed kids... night :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut