Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Not sure what you think I'm thinking lol

Yeah, it is a whole lot more work to stretch a puny piece of plastic. :p

There are a whole lot of things you can do with a limo. I see you are thinking of one already. :eyebrows: I was thinking more of being able to use one car to transport the whole family places, renting it out and making some money, using it for Christmas shopping without worrying about people looking in the darkened windows etc, etc. :p

Yes, there are lights and then there is just insanity and obsession.
http://youtu.be/szLmAPW39uE
I would kill my neighbors and bury them in the backyard. :p

vintageTink

One Too Many
I don't know if they still have it but one of the 2-year colleges around here had a program in funerary science. If you wanted to be a mortician that's where you would go.
Ugh, no thanks! I'd like to go for nursing someday.

Introducing the Zil 4112P presidential limousine, created in response to Russian President Vladimir Putin's call to "buy Russian." Reportedly Putin wasn't very satisfied by the result.
That's an ugly car.
But having dealt with Russians for a few years at the funeral home...eh, screw 'em. :lol:

Not sure I wanna try to picture how that would go. lol There are people that do a really fine job, though.
The cosmetics are really greasy! Not something you'd want to wear.

No job is beneath you but there are plenty that are just too gruesome. :p And I got that bit of gravedigger humor too. :p
Run away screaming or otherwise. :p
The families? Well, they are just dying to get in aren’t they? :p
:rofl:

You bought it from the funeral parlor didn’t you? lol lol
We didn't. :p
The limo was white. We got it off craigslist or something. Reupholstered the fabric part of the roof before we sold it. We drove it a bit; people will nearly wreck trying to see who's inside.

vintageTink

One Too Many
I also can't tie a tie on someone standing. :eeek:

And never buy a car from a funeral home, especially a cargo or minivan. The smell alone would drive the value down.

I also can't tie a tie on someone standing. :eeek:

And never buy a car from a funeral home, especially a cargo or minivan. The smell alone would drive the value down.

Uuggh! Words to heed. Had a friend who was a cop years ago (late 80s). He bought a pretty new (at the time) trans-am for reeeeal cheap (like $800) that a couple of guys died in. Carbon monoxide got 'em while they were parked out in the middle of nowhere getting high. It was a while before anybody found 'em. After he sandblasted the paint down to bare metal and replaced every part of the interior he ended up spending about what a 2 year old car would have cost anyway, and it still had a little funk about it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

No job is beneath you but there are plenty that are just too gruesome. :p And I got that bit of gravedigger humor too. :p
Most of the people I've spoken with who work in the funerary profession, and the few I've spoken with who work/worked at the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner, have had a very good sense of humor. Of course, because of the sensitive nature of their professions, they tend to reserve it for their colleagues and off-duty hours...most of the time, anyway.

When my mother died in January of 2004, at one point it became necessary for the young lady from the local mortuary (who was assisting us with the final preparations) to call me at home. I don't remember the specifics of the conversation, but we had veered away from directly discussing the business-at-hand and began a more casual conversation, during which she made a joke that had something to do with the people attending my mother's funeral bringing their own shovels. Immediately after this, I heard a very audible gasp from her end and she began apologizing profusely for what she had said. Again, I don't remember specifically what she said, but I do remember it was funny and it made me laugh so I reassured her that I was not offended. After a moment or two she regained her composure, and we concluded the business end of the conversation. After thanking me for being so understanding, her final comment was something to the effect of, "This is the most bizarre day I've ever had in this business." lol

I myself am partial to the Mercedes 540K

1937-mercedes-benz-5_800x0w.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley