Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Oh, I know. The coach builders loved Fleetwoods and Town Cars.

What on earth would you do with a stretch limo? I wouldn't even buy one for 800 bucks. I have no idea who I'd sell it to, unless it were mint.

They are the base for the stretch. The front and rear are the same. It just has a section added to the middle. :p I missed out on a $800 stretch limo a few days ago. Oh well. I’ll live. :p
01111_a6lVh6SKYY8_600x450.jpg

Anywho, got the Christmas lights put up at the shop yesterday.

1459774_10152013589004330_629599472_n.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Looks nice.
I'd take a limo for $800.
Actually I've thought about that, instead of the Saturn, on long trips.
Both pet porters would fit back there, and the trunk would fit everything we take.
Maybe one day.

Oh, I know. The coach builders loved Fleetwoods and Town Cars.

What on earth would you do with a stretch limo? I wouldn't even buy one for 800 bucks. I have no idea who I'd sell it to, unless it were mint.

Anywho, got the Christmas lights put up at the shop yesterday.

1459774_10152013589004330_629599472_n.jpg

The coachbuilders have a harder time now. :p

What would I do with it?! Drive the wheels off of it! That could carry a ton of passengers and baggage. It would be cool beyond luxury. You want to look good getting somewhere, what says class better than a limo? :p

Nice lights. Not overly done and gaudy.

Looks nice. I'd take a limo for $800. Actually I've thought about that, instead of the Saturn, on long trips. Both pet porters would fit back there, and the trunk would fit everything we take. Maybe one day.

A Saturn on a long trip?! Boy you must be a masochist. lol lol Those are only good to get somewhere cheap and look it. :p
Yes, a limo would be the ultimate traveling machine. All self contained and comfortable---like your own personal jet on the ground. :p

vintageTink

One Too Many
I hope the money was good. :p
No. :lol:
But it was a job, and no job is beneath you.

:eeek:

I knew a lady who did the hair and make up of the dear departed. She spoke of it fondly. [huh]
One of the funeral directors couldn't figure out what lipstick color to use so finally broke down and asked me (the only female there). I looked over the colors, handed him one, perfect match of course. He'd already tried quite a few.
And applying cosmetics to the departed is not easy.

That's cause the customers never complain. :D:p
I'd have had to run screaming if that happened!
I always figured I'd be one of the first to know if the zombie apocalypse happened.

Best job ever. :p
Except for the families. :lol:

Many years back a guy I knew had a limo, it was a stretched 1960 model caddy. That car was crazy long.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

One of the funeral directors couldn't figure out what lipstick color to use so finally broke down and asked me (the only female there). I looked over the colors, handed him one, perfect match of course. He'd already tried quite a few.

I don't know if they still have it but one of the 2-year colleges around here had a program in funerary science. If you wanted to be a mortician that's where you would go.

The coachbuilders aren't happy, I know that!

I never needed that much room, myself. I always had a wagon that provided me with all the space I needed. I'm not sure what you're up to lol

Thanks, too, on the lights. I didn't wanna overdo it!

The coachbuilders have a harder time now. :p

What would I do with it?! Drive the wheels off of it! That could carry a ton of passengers and baggage. It would be cool beyond luxury. You want to look good getting somewhere, what says class better than a limo? :p

Nice lights. Not overly done and gaudy.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab

Not sure I wanna try to picture how that would go. lol There are people that do a really fine job, though.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Ok, big but not roomy inside nor even luxurious. I would expect more for a million than 44 inch tires and a fiberglass coffin body. You could get a whole lot more for less.
However, I do give him kudos for having the guts to build something thinking outside the box. I also give him respect for that nice big trunk. You can’t get anything like that nowadays. The engine getting that kind of mileage for that kind of power is also nice.
In other words, if you bought me one I wouldn’t refuse it. :p

Difficult as it might be to believe, it is possible to build an attractive automobile with immensely large tires. Harry Stutz and Fred Toner did so in '07:

sold stock with 38 x 4 clinchers, some sports were known to have fitted the monstrous 43 x 6 straigt sided tires used on the Oldsmobile Limited for open-wheel racing.

No. :lol:
But it was a job, and no job is beneath you.

I'd have had to run screaming if that happened!
I always figured I'd be one of the first to know if the zombie apocalypse happened.

Except for the families. :lol:

No job is beneath you but there are plenty that are just too gruesome. :p And I got that bit of gravedigger humor too. :p
Run away screaming or otherwise. :p
The families? Well, they are just dying to get in aren’t they? :p

The coachbuilders aren't happy, I know that!

I never needed that much room, myself. I always had a wagon that provided me with all the space I needed. I'm not sure what you're up to lol

Thanks, too, on the lights. I didn't wanna overdo it!

Yeah, it is a whole lot more work to stretch a puny piece of plastic. :p

There are a whole lot of things you can do with a limo. I see you are thinking of one already. :eyebrows: I was thinking more of being able to use one car to transport the whole family places, renting it out and making some money, using it for Christmas shopping without worrying about people looking in the darkened windows etc, etc. :p

Yes, there are lights and then there is just insanity and obsession.
http://youtu.be/szLmAPW39uE
I would kill my neighbors and bury them in the backyard. :p

Difficult as it might be to believe, it is possible to build an attractive automobile with immensely large tires. Harry Stutz and Fred Toner did so in '07: sold stock with 38 x 4 clinchers, some sports were known to have fitted the monstrous 43 x 6 straigt sided tires used on the Oldsmobile Limited for open-wheel racing.

I think I would take a Duesenberg or an Auburn instead. :p

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I think I would take a Duesenberg or an Auburn instead. :p

Auburn? Kind of "blah". Looks like a little Maxwell to me. Just doesn't have the "dash" of the American.

The Dusenberg is a bit better, brawny and fast looking, but a trifle unrefined, and certainly not a street machine. Here is Rickenbacker's example:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A Saturn on a long trip?! Boy you must be a masochist. lol lol Those are only good to get somewhere cheap and look it. :p
Yes, a limo would be the ultimate traveling machine. All self contained and comfortable---like your own personal jet on the ground. :p
The seats could be better, but it's been a very good vehicle.
Runs like a scalded dog on the open road, with the Accord V-6 under the hood. :D
BTW why does Putin's limo have Funeral Home curtains?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley