Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

^^
That's a Mercedes G4

image376.jpg

Actually it is a 770K

And I don't want one of those either. :p

vintageTink

One Too Many
Uuggh! Words to heed. Had a friend who was a cop years ago (late 80s). He bought a pretty new (at the time) trans-am for reeeeal cheap (like $800) that a couple of guys died in. Carbon monoxide got 'em while they were parked out in the middle of nowhere getting high. It was a while before anybody found 'em. After he sandblasted the paint down to bare metal and replaced every part of the interior he ended up spending about what a 2 year old car would have cost anyway, and it still had a little funk about it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
Wow. Yuck.
In the cooler we had a guy that been in there for a YEAR. The funeral director jerked around; guy was indigent and the ME's office would pay to have them buried. Soon the country said cremate, cheaper, faster, less ground.
This funeral director wanted the guy buried. I had already talked to the ME and they agreed to sign off on the cremation but the funeral director was a turd.
You can imagine how the cooler smelled.

Haha! I had a call somewhat like that. I laughed at him.

We had a letter that came from the local nuthouse. It said, "Helen Keller told me thru mental telepathy that she wants to be unberried."

Most of the people I've spoken with who work in the funerary profession, and the few I've spoken with who work/worked at the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner, have had a very good sense of humor. Of course, because of the sensitive nature of their professions, they tend to reserve it for their colleagues and off-duty hours...most of the time, anyway.
Yup.

Looks like the Nazi staff cars you see in old moves. :p No thanks.
Hey, they had nice cars.

^^
That's a Mercedes G4

image376.jpg
I've been there! The Sensheim Technical Museum.

I am guessing that is why you bought your limo from another source. lol lol
Yeah, that and they weren't trying to "burn" me on the price. :D

Wow. Yuck.
In the cooler we had a guy that been in there for a YEAR. The funeral director jerked around; guy was indigent and the ME's office would pay to have them buried. Soon the country said cremate, cheaper, faster, less ground.
This funeral director wanted the guy buried. I had already talked to the ME and they agreed to sign off on the cremation but the funeral director was a turd.
You can imagine how the cooler smelled.

Several years back the plumbing and heating contractors I was working with were involved in the complete remodel of the county morgue (think LOTS of unclaimed indigent). I know exactly what that cooler smelled like. It smelled even worse about two days after they cut the power off and it was no longer cool.
And to top it off, during the remodel they brought in one of those refrigerated trailers like groceries are delivered in (still had the name of the store on the side of it) and parked it out back for about four months to keep the deceased in. When all was said and done, it went back to it's happy life in the grocery business.

Several years back the plumbing and heating contractors I was working with were involved in the complete remodel of the county morgue (think LOTS of unclaimed indigent). I know exactly what that cooler smelled like. It smelled even worse about two days after they cut the power off and it was no longer cool.
And to top it off, during the remodel they brought in one of those refrigerated trailers like groceries are delivered in (still had the name of the store on the side of it) and parked it out back for about four months to keep the deceased in. When all was said and done, it went back to it's happy life in the grocery business.

:eeek:

Does the food taste a bit tangy???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley